VPC Group Inc. is a Canadian manufacturer specializing in converting chemicals and fibre into quality foam and nonwoven products for the home furnishing markets. A privately owned company, VPC Group is committed to creating a positive work experience for employees by providing them with a safe work environment and opportunities for growth. VPC Group has become a supplier of choice by committing to operational excellence, investing in technology, and being close to our customers to deliver exceptional service.
VPC Group Inc., is looking for a dynamic and charismatic Production Supervisor for the day shift to engage our people, delight our customers, and consistently achieve or exceed business expectations in Delta, BC.
Dayshift: Monday - Friday -- > 6 am till 2 pm
· Ensure Health and Safety is a precondition of all that is done.
· Provide excellent service to customers, including On-Time-Delivery, as expected quality, and exceptional responsiveness requests
· Manage a production team of hourly direct reports. Provide coaching and guidance.
· Set and meet/exceed daily production targets.
· Engage employees in building a culture based on respect, teamwork and accomplishment.
· Lead daily shift meetings with team members; set a positive tone for each day.
· Holds people accountable for their time / attendance, safety, and quality.
· Monitor throughput hourly and report abnormalities.
· Supports maintenance team when required to ensure minimal downtime by demonstrating an engineering mindset in identifying issues for manufacturing and assembly.
· Supports Plant Manager in determining areas for improvement.
· Implement and maintain 5S and Lean manufacturing initiatives and efforts.
· Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Mechanical Engineering
· Minimum 2-3 years leadership experience in manufacturing environment a must
· Experience with Lean manufacturing principles a must
· Solid interpersonal skills; experience supervising in a unionized environment an asset
· Ability to confidently and independently make difficult decisions
· Strong computer / system skills (MS Office, ADP Workforce Now)
The company is committed to employment equity. Should you require accommodation please indicate your requirements and accommodation will be made available at any stage of the recruitment process.
We thank all those who apply but only those whose background closely matches the requirements of the position will be contacted for an interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $55,000.00-$58,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Production supervisor: 4 years (preferred)