Job Posting #:
Temporary Full- Time (1.0 FTE)
Allied Health - Physiotherapy
$25.23 - $26.26
Internal employees must apply be midnight on October 26, 2020.
Our Allied Health - Physiotherapy Department is currently seeking a Temporary Full-Time OTA-PTA. The OTA-PTA is responsible for carrying out client care and other related duties assigned to them by the Occupational Therapist and Physiotherapist and performs support activities such as supply inventory, equipment cleaning, maintenance, and other duties as assigned.
ABOUT JOSEPH BRANT HOSPITAL:
Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH) is a full-service community teaching hospital located in the growing and thriving community of Burlington, Ontario, serving more than 185,000 residents in Halton, Hamilton, Waterdown, Flamborough, Milton and Stoney Creek. It is honoured to be recognized as one of Hamilton Niagara's Top Employers for five (5) consecutive years, with a skilled staff of 194 physicians, 1,911 full- and part-time staff and more than 700 volunteers.
JBH is a Clinical Education site in conjunction with McMaster University, and designated as an Academic Community Teaching Hospital. Its expanded campus includes the state-of-art Michael Lee-Chin & Family Patient Tower, featuring a new Emergency Department, 172 acute inpatient beds, 9 new Operating Rooms and post-anaesthetic care unit to support expanded medical, surgical and outpatient services. JBH is also a partner member of the Burlington Ontario Health Team.
JBH inspires and empowers a culture of caring and this is demonstrated in many ways including our committed to the health, safety and wellbeing of our people. For more information, visit www.josephbranthospital.ca.
- Safe application of therapeutic modalities assigned by Physiotherapist / Occupational Therapist.
- Organization and follow through with group and individual therapeutic exercises and activities.
- Correct instruction in functional transfer techniques to promote independence.
- ADL retraining and management of adaptive equipment and assistive device training.
- Facilitation of functional mobility including ambulation and/or independent wheelchair mobility.
- Cognitive/Perceptual retraining activities.
- Flexibility and ability to work effectively as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Other activities to enhance rehabilitation and independence.
- Solid understanding of the OTA/PTA scope of practice.
- Qualified applicants must be a graduate of an accredited OTA/PTA program and possess an Occupational Therapy Assistant / Physiotherapy Assistant Diploma.
- Excellent knowledge of orthopaedic, neurological and geriatric conditions
- High level of organizational and time management skills and supervised clinical practice in a hospital
- The candidate demonstrates appropriate and effective written, oral, and non-verbal communication skills with patients, families and colleagues.
- Demonstrated reliable attendance, punctuality and availability.
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply by clicking the "Apply for Job" button and proceed with the necessary steps. Please note that although we appreciate each and every application, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH) is a visionary community hospital, demonstrating commitment to strong successful relationships between its patients, their families and its health care teams. You will have the chance to join JBH as its embraces its new vision, new Strategic Plan, and carries out the largest capital redevelopment in its history. We are seeking candidates who demonstrate our values of compassion, accountability, respect and excellence; to our patients, families and each other.
Joseph Brant Hospital is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act ('AODA'). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 905-632-3737 ext. 4129.