Published bimonthly, Panoram Italia magazine aims to unify Italian-Canadians and rekindle their connection to their Italian heritage, while also presenting the beauty and diversity of Italian culture to all Italophiles.
Panoram Italia magazine is distributed to over 150,000 home and business addresses across Canada as well as hundreds of drop-off points. Over the years, the magazine has become a staple in thousands of Italian-Canadian homes, and has truly become the voice of Canada's Italian community.
- Section editors regularly present their proposals for their section to the rest of the editorial team.
- Plan and produce content for upcoming issues of the magazine while attracting top contributors (writers, photographers, translators etc.) to further build the magazine’s reputation for high-quality entertaining content.
- This is a work-from-home part-time position.
Responsibilities and Objectives
- Commission feature articles and photography to fill allotted space in each issue of the magazine
- Review contributor submissions to ensure that it meets the editorial standards of the magazine
- Work with editorial staff on contributor schedules for completing work and setting deadlines
- Keep track of allotted budget for each section and contributor invoices
- Attend and help conceptualize cover photoshoots when necessary
- Assist at photoshoots when necessary
- Regular editing and copyediting of all magazine sections
- Scout and recruit new talent and contributors
- Liaise with designers and production staff to prepare layouts and produce final content of designated sections in line with production schedule
- Degree in Journalism, English or Communications
- At least 5 years of publication writing/editing experience
- Computer and internet access
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Proven familiarity with CP-style rules
- Well-versed on topics that matter to our audience: interest and knowledge of Italian culture and local Italian community
Please submit a resume and a cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications.
Type d'emploi : Temps Partiel