MANITOBA METIS FEDERATION INC.
June 12, 2019
The Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing representative for the Metis Nation’s Manitoba Metis Community. The Manitoba Metis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one (1) full-time Project Officer position within our Engagement and Consultation Department located at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg, MB. Remuneration is dependent on education and experience.
- Oversees the assessment, implementation, management and monitoring of projects;
- Facilitate Metis involvement in project, planning and decision-making consultation processes;
- Assist with planning community meetings;
- Attend and present information at community meetings;
- Create project budgets and work plans;
- Prepare correspondence including reports, letters, briefings and memorandums;
- Collaborate with the Engagement and Consultation team to achieve project success;
- Build and maintain government and industry relationships with the following sectors: Forestry, Mining, Fisheries, Energy, Infrastructure, Wildlife, Environment, Land and Agriculture;
- Conduct research on policies, historical documents and agreements.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in social or environmental sciences, natural resources management or related discipline;
- Several years’ experience in project management;
- Experience in natural resource management social or environmental sciences or similar field is desired;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, and Geographical Information Systems is preferred;
- Experience with budgets, financials and reporting;
- Experience preparing correspondence and conducting research;
- Excellent communications, analytical, organizational and problem solving skills;
- Experience working for a Government, not-for-profit or Indigenous organization is an asset;
- Knowledge of Metis issues and socio-economic conditions affecting Metis people;
- Knowledge of the MMF’s 2007 Resolution #8 is preferred;
- Knowledge of Metis culture and MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and
- Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
Preference will be given to qualified Metis applicants. Applicants are encouraged to apply and self-identify on their cover letter/resume. We offer a competitive benefits package which includes but not limited to: health and dental, life insurance, short term and long term disability as well as a pension plan. We also offer an on-site fitness facility as well as an in-house restaurant.
Please forward a cover letter and resume by Wednesday, June 26, 2019. We thank all who apply; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
MMF Finance & Human Resources Department
300-150 Henry Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0J7
Email or Fax to (204) 947-1816
All our job postings can be found at: www.mmf.mb.ca.
Job Type: Full-time