Reporting to the Manager of Financial Services, the Finance Supervisor – Grants and Revenue is a key member of the Financial Services department management team. The Finance Supervisor – Grants and Revenue provides leadership, mentoring and supervision to staff, oversees all financial aspects of grants from provincial ministries and other organizations, is accountable for the integrity of the Board’s financial systems and the development and analytical review of financial information with the object of providing appropriate and timely information to the Board and the Ministry of Education.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) Designation;
- Post-secondary degree in a business related field;
- Six (6) years of related work experience in progressively responsible positions, preferably with a medium to large public sector organization;
- Supervisory experience with strong leadership, mentoring and team building skills;
- Effective customer service focus with excellent communication and collaborative skills;
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment and independently, with minimal supervision;
- Strong commitment to ensuring deadlines are maintained and achieved;
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills and ability to prioritize competing deadlines;
- Thorough understanding of business processes in order to develop internal controls and procedures;
- Thorough understanding of maintaining an integrated financial system;
- Proficiency and experience applying GAAP and PSAB accounting standards;
- Advanced proficiency and knowledge in the use of financial and other software applications, including word processing, spreadsheet, database, electronic mail and other relevant software applications
- Demonstrated organization, time management, analytical, problem solving and conflict resolution skills
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate must provide a Criminal Background Check (CBC) with vulnerable sector screening current within six months of date of hire. Only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted
While we thank all those who have applied, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (O.D.A.) the Algonquin and Lakeshore Catholic District School Board welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We will make the necessary accommodations for applicants with disabilities to support all aspects of the recruitment process. Please contact the Human Resources Department if you require assistance with any accommodations.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $75,102.00 to $86,487.00 /year
- related work: 6 years (Preferred)