About the team:
As part of the AMRP Technology team, you will be building the next generation Air Miles Reward Program platform. This new Cloud based platform will focus on quality and security while providing massive data scalability that supports up to 100 times of our current customer base. The work environment is fast paced and constantly evolving in order to achieve both our strategic goals and clients’ needs.
Check us out – AIR MILES on StackOverflow | LinkedIn | Glassdoor | Facebook |Twitter | Instagram | JOIN our Talent Network
What you will do:
Your main responsibility will be to design, plan and implement technology solutions and strategy. You will also be responsible for managing a team of associates to design and implement solutions in an efficient way by providing them with the right tools, frameworks and infrastructure. Your leadership skills allow you to collaborate effectively at all levels in order to deliver valuable features to our collectors and clients.
We are looking for experienced, passionate and self-motivated individuals, always willing to share and learn and who excel when working in a constantly changing and highly collaborative environment. You understand developers and speak their language. You are an evangelist for anything technology related and most of all you are a technology champion whose skills will help us build reliable, scalable and highly performant next generation platforms.
Who you are:
We are looking for you to bring to the team:
- You are an excellent communicator and have experience partnering with other teams
- You have worked on and understand large scale engineering challenges
- You have proven analytical skills utilizing data for sound decision-making and providing best advice
- You strive for continuous improvement in both yourself and your team in meaningful ways
- Recognizing changing technologies, you consistently take steps to proactively further your development
- You thrive as both an individual contributor and team member, consistently taking accountability for results
- A desire to learn and grow
- Passion, excitement and creativity
- Open mind to new ideas and delivery
- Positive energy and influence
Technologies that we use or will be using. Help us discover and learn more!
You would describe yourself as having:
- Micro services and event streaming architecture and technologies
- Agile engineering practices and tools
- CI/CD (Git, CI/CD, Jenkins)
- Linux (CentOS, RHEL, Ubuntu)
- AWS EC2, S3, RDS, Redshift, Lambda, Kinesis and more
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics or related field
- Experience in software design, data engineering and infrastructure concepts
- Enthusiasm and experience working in an Agile team environment
- API design and development experience with a preference for experience with micro services
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience
- 5+ years of managing developers or teams
Interesting perks at AIRMILES:
- Passion for ML, AI and other emerging technologies
- Experience with concurrent and distributed systems
- Desire to independently research work-around solutions to complex problems
- Operational experience
- High impact role with interesting challenges
- Flexible hours and strong work life balance
- Subsidized catered bistro café
- Great health and wellness benefits
- One of the highest performing companies in the market (NYSE: ADS)
AIRMILES is part of the successful Alliance Data family of companies that provide the full range of data-driven loyalty, marketing and credit solutions in more than 80 locations across the globe.
Working with more than 100 leading brands in the retail, financial services, grocery, petroleum retail, travel and hospitality industries to profitably change customer behavior. Through a team of businesses, including one of the leading coalition loyalty programs in the world, the AIR MILES® Reward Program designs and delivers and manages a suite of services focused on consumer data, customer-centric retail strategies, direct-to-consumer marketing, loyalty consulting and more.
CAN - Canada-2084 - Ontario-50419 - Toronto-40-LOY - Toronto
40-LOY - Toronto Toronto M5A 0L6
Jul 17, 2020, 8:07:04 AM