RBC Ventures is new kind of organization – one that marries the strength of one of the world’s most trusted and successful financial institutions with a mission to reimagine the role we play in people’s lives. We are building a world class team focused on creating new experiences, exploring new business models and developing new relationships that add value to how people live and work.
RBC Ventures is seeking a talented, experienced and passionate Product Owner to join our team for a specific venture. We want vocal futurists who have a passion for technology and are inspired by the idea of bringing to life product roadmaps that benefit hundreds of thousands of people at a key milestone in their lives.
What will you do?
You will drive the execution of high-level product roadmaps into features and product delivery. Owning the translation of business requirements, you will execute to deliver solutions that expand our product offerings in new experiences and value, to both our B2B and our B2C customers. You will understand our key drivers, customer use cases and full user flow impact across all platforms.
You will define and detail User Stories and prioritize team backlogs in accordance to our business drivers. You will evaluate and document the requirements for each product feature, articulate these requirements, answer questions and make scope trade off decisions as needed. You will ensure optimal delivery by removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance and develop contingency plans to demonstrate adaptability while supporting continuous learning.
As a Product Owner, you will bridge technical, business and creative worlds, engaging with matrixed teams including development, UX/UI design, copy, legal, risk and compliance, creating a collaborative environment while maximizing on business return. You will drive internal stakeholders and cross functional business unit engagements necessary for an optimal on-time launch. You will focus on backend functionality as well as user-facing features that make world class user engaging platforms. Your focus will be delivering high-value features that are differentiated and sequenced, to ensure the highest value to our users and stakeholders.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience working as a Product Owner in a SaaS environment.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience experience translating business requirements to actionable software solutions.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience developing use cases, epics and stories in a clear and concise manner
- In-depth knowledge of agile processes and principles, with the ability to provide direction to the agile team and stakeholders throughout.
- Demonstratable experience maintaining and prioritizing the backlog in accordance to business and technology drivers.
- Experience in the planning of product releases and setting expectations for delivery of new functionality.
- A proven ability to make hard decisions in a fast-paced environment, while actively identifying and mitigating issues that have an impact on successful completion of goals.
- Ability to speak to business functions, customers and partners with confidence and professionalism.
- Commitment to winning as a team.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
20 Bay Street, 17th Floor
Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel (%):