AZZ Galvanizing Canada Limited is seeking a full-time Millwright to join our team at our Acton location. The position offers a competitive employment package and compensation commensurate with experience in a friendly and collaborative work environment.
Under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, the duties and responsibilities of the Millwright include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Install, maintain, repair and troubleshoot stationary and rotating industrial machinery.
- Perform corrective maintenance on production equipment including overhead cranes, hoists, runways, filter press, pumps, dust collectors, compressors, air dryers, and hydraulic/pneumatic circuits, components and actuators, among others.
- Troubleshoot machinery, equipment and systems during failures that may be related to mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, hydraulic and/or pneumatic causes.
- Repair, overhaul cylinders, pumps, and bearing and transmission assemblies.
- Operate hoisting and lifting devices such as cranes, forklifts and jacks, using appropriate rigging techniques, during the removal/installation and repair of equipment and components as required.
- Work at heights and in confined spaces during the execution of maintenance activities.
- Work alongside or assist outside contractors when needed.
- Design and/or fabricate jogs that aid during the installation and repair of machinery, or that will enhance the production process.
- Keeps and reports on the inventory levels of spares, consumables, and materials required to keep equipment functioning in a reliable fashion and provides recommendations of new spare parts.
- Provide feedback on the causes of equipment failure to improve the preventive maintenance program.
- Report work done using maintenance work order system.
- Report on equipment defects or failures to the maintenance supervisor.
- Participate during the creation of maintenance repair, start-up/reset, and safety procedures.
- Collaborate as required on the execution of preventative maintenance program to minimize plant's downtime.
- Participate in workplace safety and ensure compliance with all Health and Safety standards in accordance with current legislation and Active Exhaust's Health and Safety Policy and Best Practices.
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly manner.
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in a maintenance related role in an industrial environment.
- Millwright certificate.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic diagrams during the troubleshooting of failures or during the continuous improvement process of those systems.
- Use of measurement and diagnostic tools such as Vernier caliper, micrometer, multi-meter, amp-meter, and others as required.
- Familiar with LOTO system.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Motivated and self-directed.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Must be able to perform frequent standing, bending, kneeling, squatting, climbing, reaching and grasping.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes such as machining, welding, assembly.
- Schedule : Sunday 11pm to Friday 7am
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $27.00 /hour ( $56,160 + annual bonus)
Application QuestionsYou have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Millwright experience do you have?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Millwright?
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $56,160.00 /year
- Millwright: 4 years (Preferred)
- Millwright (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)