Applications are invited from qualified individuals to fill the following position:
One Permanent Full-Time Finance Analyst
NBRHC – North Bay
Reporting to the Manager of Finance and Performance Management, The Finance Analyst is part of a team of professionals
providing financial and statistical/utilization information, analysis and strategic problem solving to both clinical and non-clinical
teams throughout the hospital. The successful candidate will work collaboratively within the Finance department delivering
consistent, accurate, and timely information while providing excellent customer service to all internal and external stakeholders.
The Finance Analyst that is well-versed in full cycle accounting to play an integral role in the department for a wide range of
finance and business activities that require the application of accounting concepts and business insight. This role will also
provide focused support to the Corporate Services portfolio through in depth analyses of budget variances and cost drivers, and
identification of potential cost reduction initiatives. The Finance Analyst is able to think critically and challenge existing practices
to provide creative and collaborative solutions.
Further responsibilities of this position will include but are not limited to:
- For the Corporate Services portfolio, monitor and interpret financial and statistical data and trends, including interpreting
financial performance measures, analyzing monthly budget variances and resolving discrepancies in financial reports.
- Analyze data and pertinent indicators to assist with planning and evaluating Corporate programs and services
- Integrate utilization data into analyses, business plans and proposals
- Work with Corporate Services programs to develop monthly forecast, annual budgets (including identification of
opportunities to improve financial performance and efficiencies).
- Complete work as assigned to support the timely submission of Ministry of Health and Long Term Care reports such as
MIS Trial Balance, SRI and other ad-hoc Ministry and LHIN submissions.
- Ongoing reconciliation of complex general ledger accounts including investigation and resolution of any accounting
discrepancies or irregularities.
- Prepare and post all necessary journal entries in accordance with Public Sector Accounting Standards and OHRS.
- Perform month-end and year-end activities as required.
- Assist with any financial reporting and analysis that may be required on an ad hoc basis.
- Develop and foster positive relationships with internal stakeholders by providing financial support and guidance to
business support areas such as, but not limited to, Payroll, Patient Accounts, Billings and Accounts Payable.
- Improve financial reporting capability, by improving the quality of reporting, linking financial to statistical data or
- As required, compile pertinent financial information to assist in the production of leadership reporting packages for the
Extended and Senior Leadership teams, and committees of the Board.
- Ensure sufficient internal controls are in place to for financial accuracy and integrity of data.
The ideal candidate will hold a Bachelor’s Degree in business, accounting or a health leadership related program.
Holding, or working towards a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA/CMA, CA or CGA) is preferred.
Two to three years financial / clinical analysis experience including accounting, reporting, budgeting, variance analysis
and business case development (healthcare preferred).
Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills with the ability to identify trends, establish benchmarks, as well as provide
Proven ability to interpret, summarize and communicate complex financial and statistical data to stakeholders throughout
Experience using multiple data sources (financial, statistical, case costing, CIHI databases, Ministry data etc) to develop
and prepare complex analysis.
Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to effectively handle a large number of projects and
Ability to prioritize tasks and work efficiently and accurately under stressful conditions to meet tight deadlines
Must be change orientated and possess an attitude of continuous improvement.
Excellent computer skills with superior knowledge of Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
Prior experience in major Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system or a health care financial module (ie Meditech)
and Business Intelligence software.
Demonstrated commitment to personal growth and development.
Must be able to support and contribute to a culture of safety and prevention of adverse health events in our organization
Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset
Criminal Reference Check including the Vulnerable Sector Check:
recent within three (3) months is a requirement
Interested candidates are asked to submit your resume and cover letter with a copy of this job posting with
completed qualification checked off ✔ beside each qualification you hold.
Please quote File NU C-19-059 to::
50 College Drive
P.O. Box 2500
North Bay, ON P1B 5A4
We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest.
An acknowledgement will be sent only to those candidates who will be interviewed.
North Bay Regional Health Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for
Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please
indicate this in your application.