Transit Systems Integrator
Competition posting date:
Competition closing date:
Transportation Services Department, Transit Customer Systems & Planning Service, Technology & Control
1 Full-time Temporary Position (up to 24 months) - 35 hours/week
$63,920.22 to $90,656.02 annually (2019 rates of pay)
1500 St. Laurent Blvd.
Responsible for integrating and/or developing/customizing/enhancing a broad range of business
applications/solutions for Transit Services, in response to new or changing business requirements,
maintaining business applications/solutions (or components thereof) and providing client and technical
Writing and maintaining systems documentation, ensuring all code is managed appropriately by using
software configuration management tools, performing tests on enhancements and new development, training
clients on business applications and/or solutions.
Education & Experience
Three (3) year University degree in Information Management, Information Technology, or related discipline.
Minimum of five (5) years progressively more responsible experience in applications development and/or
- Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for
stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
English oral, reading, writing required
- Application development best practices;
- IT security best practices and standards relating to application development and/or integration;
- Event-driven / object-oriented program design techniques;
- Structured systems analyses and design techniques;
- Transit and City network environment;
- Knowledge of Transit specific applications considered an asset (Giro HASTUS, Trapeze Suite,
InfoDev, Clever Devices, etc);
- SQL Server and/or Oracle DBMS at an intermediate level;
- System testing techniques;
- Microsoft ASP .Net version 2003, 2005 Web or higher versions and .Net Framework 1.1 and higher;
- PowerShell scripting;
- VB and C# .Net programming languages;
- PL/SQL for creation of procedures and packages;
- Development using Microsoft Office Suite tools;
- Development using SharePoint tools;
- System Development Life Cycle;
- n-tier Architecture Design;
- Unit, regression and load testing;
- Test plan creation;
- Configuration management;
- Creation of technical and non-technical documentation; and
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
Competencies & Skills
- Develop applications (or components thereof) using current development toolset;
- Install, customize and configure COTS applications;
- Integrate hardware and software;
- Liaise effectively with clients, all levels of staff, vendors and consultants;
- Gather and document user requirements;
- Organize work and meet deadlines;
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills;
- Work independently and as a team member;
- Use effective judgment; and
- Research and analytical skills.
If this opportunity matches your interest and profile please apply online by using the "Apply"
button. If this is your first online application please refer to our resources on how to apply for jobs online.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the selection process
will be contacted.
The City of Ottawa is committed to providing quality services by establishing a qualified workforce that
reflects the diverse population it serves. The City encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
Accessible formats and communication supports are available upon request. Please contact the
HR Service Centre at 613-580-2424, extension 47411.