ECCO is a Danish shoe manufacturer and retailer founded in 1963 by Karl Toosbuy, in Bredebro, Denmark. The company began with only the production of footwear, but has since expanded into leather production, accessories and small leather goods. At ECCO our vision is to be the best shoe company in the world. We are the only major shoe company to own and operate our own production and retail facilities. And we constantly innovate to improve our ability to make shoes that follow the foot. At ECCO we are guided by our respect for our heritage, our call for innovation, our quest for excellence, our dedication to care, and our passion.
P*osition Summary: *
The eCommerce Site Merchandiser will be responsible for the online merchandising of ECCO products across the website. They will be expected to drive revenue growth by focusing on product positioning and optimizing merchandise in alignment with Corporate retail. The individual should have a keen focus on business analytics, consumer trends and shopping behavior, and sales KPIs such as sell-through, conversion and AOV. They will be expected to use targeting and A/B testing to most effectively merchandise to meet both consumer demand and sales goals – leveraging the strength of a multi-device approach.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The key responsibilities are
- Work closely with Demand team & eCommerce Manager to ensure merchandise alignment with physical retail stores with a keen focus on unique opportunities such as online exclusives and effective cross-sell opportunities.
- Merchandising of all products ensuring price alignment, strategic use of website selling space, promotion labelling (new arrivals, cross selling, web exclusives)and maximization of companywide inventory position.
- Use of site analytics (through, Google Analytics & Salesforce Commerce Cloud) to help identify how placement & presentation decisions are impacting KPIs and net sales.
- Responsible for the bilingual presentation to consumer for full site merchandising – including product images, product information, pricing, sizing, cross-selling and up-selling, badging (New, Online Only, GORE-TEX), product groupings/sets, testing, targeting and personalization.
- Daily monitoring of incoming product to ensure product listing pages are maintained and updated.
- Regular auditing of online assortment to ensure it is appropriately represented with ECCO consumers.
- Continuously identify new ways to develop, implement and support on-site merchandising, marketing strategies and programs.
- Work closely with Marketing team to maximize web exposure of online assortment through all marketing channels.
- Create weekly and monthly executive reports
- Ad hoc
- Determines and tests site taxonomy, attribution, filters – with a keen focus on analytics and testing vs. gut decisions
- On-site search management and maximization of site search to drive conversion
- Seasonal setup of full product catalog in English and French, including management of critical product and inventory feeds and allocation timing
- Management of site sale section and markdown cadence in alignment with DTC Retail channel
- A/B testing to optimize conversion performance
- Recommend & execute site personalization opportunities, driving geo and consumer group targeting to optimize conversion and consumer experience relevancy
- Partner with eCommerce Manager or other peers to support SEO initiatives
- Lead merchandising enhancement recommendations and new feature enablement through Salesforce Commerce Cloud and other 3rd party tools, including PIM
- Collaborate with eCommerce Manager and Marketing Specialist in creating seasonal landing pages through visual merchandising – look books, gift guides, trend and resort collections, golf and more
- Other accountabilities, projects, and duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, operations or other related field.
- 3+ years of online merchandising experience, preferably in a direct-to-consumer environment.
- Experience with web technology/eCommerce platforms/working with a content management system to update pages. Salesforce Commerce Cloud/Demandware experience is preferred. SAP proficiency is a plus.
- Detail-orientated, deadline-driven and able to multi-task with solid organizational & time-management skills.
- Team player with willingness to work cooperatively across all departments and organizational levels to meet business objectives.
- Flexibility to adapt to the needs of a growing and changing organization.
- Strong work ethic to enthusiastically create, persist and achieve ambitious goals.
- Resourceful and innovative at tackling challenges in a sustainable, proactive fashion.
- Strong understanding and passion for internet technology, UX and Visual Site Merchandising.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative suites.
- Ability to read, write and speak English at a proficient level.
- Ability to travel, both domestic and/or international, as needed.
We care about creating and maintaining strong, positive relationships with our colleagues, our partners, our customers and the societies in which we live and work. We act with integrity and we respect and encourage diversity. We are a passionate organization, filled with people who are passionate and build their work on what they love to do.
We are committed to promoting a fair and equitable selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. ECCO Shoes provides equal employment opportunities for all individuals regardless of age, sex, disability, race, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sexual orientation, marital status or any other grounds as described in the Human Rights Code. Applicants with a disability need to make any accommodation requests for the interview process known in advance. The Human Resources Department will arrange for reasonable accommodation in accordance with the Human Rights Code which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- E-Commerce: 1 year (Preferred)