An exciting opportunity to launch a brand new, built-to-purpose early childhood education centre; overseeing the programming, environments, and resources necessary to provide nurturing care to 74 children, aged infant to school age, grounded in a Reggio-inspired and values-based philosophy.
Location: Sidney, BC
Salary Range: $65,000 to $75,000 annually, dependent on exp.
Hours: Mon to Fri, F/T at 40 hrs/wk, flexible hours worked
Benefits: Excellent coverage; health, dental, vision +
Reports to: The Owner of Lulu’s
Manages: 16 staff, 7,500 sqft, part of The Leadership Team
From design to everyday practices, we are taking a holistic approach to care and education for our children and families, educators, and community. Purpose-built to be welcoming, engaging, fun, and collaborative, our environments are responsive to children and educators as they construct knowledge together, share quiet time together, and move through their day-to-day with ease. We believe in a “curriculum” that is open-ended and emerges from children’s ideas, thoughts and questions through observations, and small and large group interactions; one that leads with the belief that children are competent, curious, full of knowledge and potential. Lulu's is driven to create a fair, fun and thriving workplace. A place where those fostering our children reach their full potential; are valued, challenged, and made to feel at home!
- ECE Diploma | Degree, or provincially recognized equivalent;
- Current BC ECE, IT + SN Certificate, formerly known as Licence to Practice;
- Valid Standard First Aid and Level “C” CPR. Negative criminal records check;
- Experience with the Reggio Approach is necessary;
- At least 2 years managerial experience at a licensed early childhood education facility with demonstrated child care centre management/supervisory skills;
- Superior knowledge of the Child Care Licensing Regulations;
- Superior interpersonal skills, including but not limited to: high degree of initiative; dedication to team environments; commitment to high quality programming; and supportive of staff work environments;
- Extensive knowledge of child care philosophies, practices, and matters, locally + globally;
- Experience in Leadership Training + Workshop Facilitation; and
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
Program Development and Leadership (30%)
- Provide oversight and direction on short- and long-term planning in regards to the overall program for all service groups at Lulu’s, as well as individual children’s care when required;
- Provide a high-quality, cohesive, and inclusive program, vision, and philosophy that provides for environments that respects childhood, education, caregivers, staff, and the community;
- Foster a Reggio-inspired curriculum with the view children are Competent, Curious, Full of Knowledge and Potential;
- Guide teaching staff in evaluating and revising children’s programming, as required;
- Provide leadership on activities to promote thoughtful reflection of the child’s interest; encouraging opportunities for creative thinking, skill-building, playful experiences, and meaningful relationships;
- Coordinate staff and room scheduling within approved teacher-child ratios and regulations; and
- Ensure Lulu’s and its staff have access to the resources required to provide these child care services.
General Administration and Operations (30%)
- Ensure Lulu’s complies with all licensing requirements and maintains good standing with VIHA;
- Work with the centre’s owner to ensure the efficient administrative and facility operation of the centre, including supporting the development of budgets, projections, and strategic plans;
- Provide leadership over policies and procedures to ensure safe, empowering, and appropriate environments;
- Maintain confidentiality of all information related to the centre’s children, clients, and staff;
- Provide regular liaison and communication, as required and applicable, with third parties, such as landlord, custodial service, maintenance services, school administration, school board, etc…;
- Keep up to date with early childhood advocacy developments, locally and globally; and
- Maintain an open mind in learning and the space to self-reflect regularly;
People Resources (20%)
- Provide supervision, leadership, and support to all child care staff, including providing annual performance reviews and organizing professional development opportunities;
- Facilitate the recruitment, selection, and orientation of all new staff to the centre, per the processes and policies, including overseeing any staff transitions, terminations, or LOAs;
- Encourage regular staff meetings, events, and face-to-face moments to develop and encourage team cohesion;
- In collaboration with team, assist the placement, orientation, and evaluation of ECE students at the centre; and
- Have a good understanding of the employee services/benefits offered and provide support when required.
Client and Community Engagement (20%)
- Oversee and manage all elements of centre enrollment, including liaising with any subsidy programs and ensuring the smooth integration of new client-children into the centre;
- Develop and maintain the systems that support the waitlist, registration, intake, and turn-over processes;
- Develop and maintain high-quality, positive relationships with parents/guardians and their child(ren) that includes transitioning them smoothly into or out of Lulu’s and building/protecting public trust in our services;
- View the centre as a welcome place to spark imagination, build self-esteem and encourage children to enrich their every day experiences using the environment as the third teacher;
- Guide mediation and resolution to conflicts which arise, according to the centre’s policies and procedures; and
- Promote the centre within the community and foster appropriate community connection.
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, kindly start the process by completing the application form below!
Online Application Address;
Please forward a Cover Letter, Resume & Applicable Certifications.
Equality of opportunity in employment is fundamental to the vision and values of Lulu’s. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities & maintain consistent systems throughout our hiring process. The same rigour and values will be applied upon consideration of each candidate, while offering a human-centered approach to recruitment. We aim to create transparent pathways towards information on hiring, a candidate’s progress within the process, and timelines for review and selection.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The Team at Lulu’s
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- managerial: 2 years (Preferred)
- supervisory: 1 year (Preferred)