Conventional Milling Machine; OR Conventional Lathe Operator; OR CNC Large Floor type Horizontal Boring Mill; OR Tool Crib Technician
Norwest Precision Limited, located in North York (Toronto), Ontario, has been a leading custom precision machining resource for 53 years. We supply worldwide markets and specialize in the precision machining of medium to large complex components and assemblies for a broad spectrum of industry sectors including steel fabrication, oil refinery, plastic and rubber molding, pulp and paper processing, hydraulics and power utilities. We are currently registered to ISO 9001:2015 certification. The plant environment is completely air-filtered and air-conditioned. We offer a competitive wage (based on experience) plus an excellent benefits package. Day shift only.
The successful applicant will meet the following requirements:
- Solid knowledge, skills and experience with setting-up & operating conventional milling machines (with digital readout); or CNC boring mills.
- Study machining instructions to determine dimensional and finish specifications, sequence of operation, setup, and tooling requirements.
- Ability to select and use appropriate precision measuring instruments to ensure components are machined to specific tolerances and surface finishes as indicated on drawings i.e. bore gauges, micrometers.
- Selects cutting speeds, feed rates, and tool for each operation, according to knowledge of metal properties and shop mathematics.
- Extensive knowledge with reading blueprints and thorough understanding of geometric dimensioning & tolerancing (e.g. tolerances, surface finishes, flatness, cylindricity).
- For CNC: Ability to read and understand CNC part programs to a degree that will allow you modify/edit programs (e.g. G-code).
- Complies with all safety procedures and work instructions related to the area.
- Experience with overhead cranes & forklifts.
TOOL CRIB: modify cutting tools on the tool and cutter grinder machine.
- Sharpen drills on drill sharpening machine.
- Adjust and set tools on tool pre-setting machine.
- Provide tools from tool crib to machinists.
- College and/or trade certificate in machining. Not mandatory for tool crib.
- Minimum 10 years experience in custom machining. 5 yrs for tool crib.
- Good verbal & written communication skills in English.
- Superior housekeeping & organizational skills.
- Energetic, technically competent, self-motivated, ability to work in a team environment and with minimum supervision.
- Flexible working hours & eager to learn.
Fax your resume to 416-742-8084; Attention: Human Resources.
No phone calls please. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time