Who Are We:
Founded in 1998, IMI is the largest installation resource company in North America, delivering technical resources and solutions to the supply chain industry. Offering turnkey installation talent and OEM product deployment in fields such as manufacturing, supply chain, automation, and robotics.
IMI has qualified, trained and deployed thousands of technicians throughout North America and has worked with some of the world’s most progressive Fortune 500 companies for over 20 years. For more information, visit [LINK: http://jobs.imipeople.com/] imipeople.com.
About the Position:
We are looking for a highly organized and dependable Financial Analyst to join our head office team in Ottawa, ON. Our ideal candidate will have a post-secondary degree in accounting, finance, or business administration; as well as three years of relatable work experience.
The Financial Analyst will report to and closely work with our Financial Controller analyzing financial status by collecting, monitoring and reporting operational data.
You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Assisting Controller to assess the adequacy of the existing ERP system (Microsoft Great Plaines) and reporting tool (Management Reporter).
- Helping the Controller to prepare a new set of monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for various stakeholders based on updated org structure.
- Actively participating in month-end and year-end close process; help to review and clean-up GL, prepare various reconciliations, and closely work with various divisions to gather required info.
- Ensuring quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Actively assisting the Controller during various external audits, tax, and other professional service engagements.
- Preparing and submitting monthly financial statements to various stakeholders (financing, institution, divisional leader, senior management, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Participating in the development of and support the company’s strategic plans.
- Developing and manage business processes and accounting policies in accordance with the company’s procedures to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Monitoring the financial performance of the company.
- Helping Controller to prepare annual operating budgets, financial forecasts, and reporting variances.
- Performing additional ad-hoc projects as necessary.
The right candidate for this position must have a post-secondary degree/ diploma in accounting, finance, or business administration; as well as a minimum of 3 years of accounting or relatable work experience.
We’re Looking for These Kind of Credentials:
Additional Job Details:
- All applicants must possess at minimum an accounting, finance, or business administration diploma.
- Minimum of 3 years of related work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of financial planning, analyzing financial statements or similar experience is required.
- Public accounting (Big 4) experience is considered an asset.
- Strong understanding of Excel and MS office applications.
- Requires strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Capability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Proficient communication skills.
- Quality and detail-oriented with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Work Location: Ottawa, ON
- Permanent/ Fulltime Opportunity: Yes
- Benefits Offered: Health insurance, Dental insurance, other types of insurance, travel assistance, workplace perks such as food/ coffee and flexible schedules
- Pay Frequency: Weekly
(C)2020 IMI – A Global People Company