WELCOME TO GFL Leduc!
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Providing collection and processing for Waste, Recycling and Organics, GFL stretches across North America with over 10,000 employees. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an, energetic, and driven Class 3 Driver to support our growing company.
Note: This is a weekend position (Friday-Sunday) at 10-hours per day!
With an eye to continued growth and development, we offer the following:
- A healthy and safe workplace culture
- Continuous growth and opportunity for career advancement
- A competitive RRSP/DPSP program (after 1 year of employment), helping you plan for financial success down the road
- Modern and well-maintained equipment
- Comprehensive benefits package for you and your family
Career stability and advancement is well-within the reach of driven and motivated employees!
Responsible for the hauling of residential waste from transfer stations to landfill(s).
- Pickup of waste at specified transfer stations and dispose of at designated landfill
- Secure walking floor trailer or roll off bin as per company procedure and inspect in transit if necessary
- Perform vehicles inspections daily, as well as checking gas, oil, and other fluid levels. Replenishing fluid levels when necessary
- Complete the necessary paperwork for vehicle inspection and turn into supervisor daily
- Other duties as assigned by your manager or management team
- Ability to perform physical exertions such as repetitive lifting, pushing and pulling items that weight up to 30 pounds as part of their daily routine
- 1-2 years of previous driving experience and hauling a trailer in the transportation sector (i.e. Truck and Transfers, Tandems, End Dumps)
- Able to work in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the outdoor elements
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent decision making skills
- Ability to follow specified guidelines and procedures
- Must be able to follow safety procedures
- Walking floor trailer experience is an asset
- Must have valid Class 3 License with air brake endorsement
- Must maintain a professional appearance
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position
- Knowledge of Leduc and surrounding areas
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Temporary
- hauling and driving: 2 years (Required)
- Class 3 with air brake (Required)