Connect Group Inc. is an Alberta based company devoted to project management and execution within the industrial sectors in the western provinces & territories of Canada. New construction, maintenance & shutdowns within oil & gas, refineries, mines, process plants, conveyors & piperacks are all components within CGI’s portfolio.
We are in search of an experienced Accounting Controller to undertake all financial, accounting, and human resources activities. This individual will be responsible for budget management, financial analysis, payroll, forecasting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and financial reporting. This is a great opportunity for a professional who thrives in a busy workplace and can work closely with senior management team. This opportunity is a full-time position based out of Nisku, AB.
As our Accounting Controller, you will:
- Supervise and manage the accounting operations to include Pro Costing, Inventory Management, General Ledger, A/P, A/R and Payroll.
- Administer and reconcile the daily, weekly, and monthly financial/cost data and balance sheet totals.
- Ensure financial information adheres to GAAP and to corporate policies and procedures;
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
- Prepare monthly and annual operating budgets
- Provide financial counsel and direction to the executive management
- Oversee all balance sheet totals and fixed asset transactions, reconciling each monthly.
- Responsible for the control and accuracy of WIP, Finished Goods, and inventory costs.
- Work closely with the Executive management to analyze operating & financial data
- Audit of direct standard costs to ensure accuracy of costs.
- Oversee and continually review procedures within accounting to streamline the accounting function.
- Processing payroll for up to 125 union staff members with Ceridian
- HR policy and procedure compliance review and audits
- Manage the administrative aspects of fringe benefits and union deductions.
- Participate in preparation for year end audits
- Review the company’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
- CPA designation preferred (or progress towards), combined with 3-5 years experience
- Excellent computer skills with strong working knowledge of Excel, Work and other Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with Accounting ERP systems would be an asset
- Construction accounting experience preferred
- Shift flexibility is a requirement of this position
- Demonstrated excellence in relationship building
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to effectively interact with employees
- Must have ability to remain flexible in a dynamic work environment.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Casual dress
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)