Independently owned and operated for more than 100 years, Sheridan Nurseries is Canada's largest, fully integrated garden centre, retailer and grower, known for top quality products and services. At Sheridan Nurseries we offer employees a dynamic, fun and fast paced work environment, focused on growth, development and personal well being with flexible, comprehensive training programs. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including a company pension.
Sheridan Nurseries Unionville Garden Centre is actively searching for a:
Full Time, Permanent
About the Job
This supervisory role involves ensuring a positive experience at the Point of Sale (P.O.S.) for our guests while ensuring accuracy and efficiency. This is achieved through the accurate processing of transactions through the P.O.S. and overall departmental supervision of the cash team. The successful candidate will be a leader who is driven, organized and have a strong guest service focus. This position is required to work weekdays, as well as reasonable evenings and weekends as scheduled.
- Provide each guest with exceptional service, by leading the cash team through training, motivation, coaching, technical skills, sales skills and product knowledge.
- Processing transactions through our P.O.S. system.
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas.
- Assist in other areas as assigned.
Physical demands of the job include:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple demands, setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Knowledge of the retail environment with an enthusiastic approach to selling.
- Strong customer service skills that support the Sheridan Nurseries Brand and the Culture of Sales.
- Leadership and POS experience preferred.
- Highly flexible, with good interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- These positions will be required to work weekdays, evenings and weekends as scheduled.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Standing up for the majority of the shift with bending and squatting at various times required.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If selected, please advise if you require special accommodation to attend the interview.