About ZWILLING J.A. Henckels:
For over 285 years, ZWILLING J.A. Henckels has offered premium products that enhance the lives of professional and home chefs worldwide. Since its start as an esteemed cutlery brand, the company has grown to include a coveted collection of cookware, flatware, glassware and kitchen gadgets. The next addition will be kitchen electrics. Tradition, quality, innovation, and craftsmanship are its ingredients for success.
Today, ZWILLING J.A. Henckels is an international industry leader that sells products in 100 countries. Always looking forward, ZWILLING acquired global heritage brands —Staub (France), Demeyere (Belgium), Ballarini (Italy), and MIYABI (Japan)—to give its customers access to the most exceptional kitchen products.
Accounts Payable Clerk
We are looking for an Accounts Payable Clerk to join our team.
- Time Management;
- Development and Continual Learning;
- Problem Solving;
- Accountability and Dependability;
- Research and Analysis;
- Ethics and Integrity;
- Planning and Organizing;
- Team Work;
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the full accounts payable cycle from receipt of invoices to payment; including coding invoices, matching purchase orders, obtaining approval, and entering the invoices into the accounting system;
- Prepare batch cheque runs and foreign currency wire transfers;
- Process employee expense reports, including verification of receipts and coding (for payment through payroll);
- Responsible for monthly accounts payable journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations;
- Track & reconcile customer/key account co-op marketing expenses & volume rebates in accordance with vendor agreements; liaise with internal account managers to ensure accuracy & completeness;
- Compile A/P summary for working capital reporting, report to Germany via intranet monthly;
- Monthly reconciliation of inter-company balances (purchases / A/P);
- Provide executive Travel Expenses Summary to Germany (quarterly);
- Ensure all accounts payable policies and procedures are adhered to including travel and related expenses, vendor approval and invoice processing;
- Provide adhoc analysis of accounts as needed;
- Investigate and resolve problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders;
- Receive, research, and resolve a variety of routing internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons;
- Clerical duties such as handling incoming mail, general filing, and maintenance of filing and record systems;
- Partner with Assistant Controller to identify and implement process improvements;
- Assist HR/Payroll with taxable benefit calculations;
- Assist team with gathering support for all audits, including pulling documentation;
- Post-secondary school diploma in Accounting.
- 5 years' experience considered an asset.
- Ability to read and interpret procedure manuals and reports.
- Skilled in calculating discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, and taxes.
- Ability to analyze and present numerical data in tables, spreadsheets, and forms.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point).
- Sound knowledge and experience with AS400.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
No phone calls or recruiting agencies please.
Zwilling J.A. Henckels Canada Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Should you require accommodations, please be sure to inform Human Resources during the application process.