Azimuth Services is looking to hire new members to its teams! We are looking for a climber technician for antenna alignment in Burnaby BC. From Junior to Senior, we welcome all applicants. If you like challenge and adventure, speak with us to start your new career.
- To be in fair physical shape and able to work at height on towers or rooftops.
- Work in local and remote locations during the year. Remote work is up to 2-3 weeks at the time.
- Willing work some weekends as needed.
- Must be willing to work in a team environment show respect to fellow employees, clients and management.
- Training is provided from the ground up.
The applicant must be able to climb various telecom structures up to 400’, inspect and align antennas, troubleshoot connections, make minor repairs, understand construction drawings and work cooperatively with team members and our clients. The applicants must be motivated, willing to learn and be in good physical shape able to lift up to 50 pounds. The applicant must comply with company safety procedures and policies.
By joining our organization, you get the opportunity to work with an established national telecom service provider. You will be part of a dynamic organization of highly experienced and accomplished people. If you seize the opportunity, advancement is possible.
Your responsibilities and duties
- Work safely at heights
- To assist your crew leader in getting work completed safely and efficiently.
- Climb and work on existing steel cell towers up to 400 feet.
- Interacting with your crew leaders, other workers, clients and other contractors.
- To communicate professionally and effectively.
- Maintain and inspect safety equipment, harness, and other PPE
- High school or equivalent completion,
- Troubleshooting and analytical mindset
- English communication & necessary computer skills
- An asset to have civil and/or technical knowledge
- Demonstrate past safety certificates and accreditations if applicable. We will provide training as needed.
- Work at safely various heights (0’ – 400’ +) and adhere to company safety policies and industry best practices.
- Must have a valid Canadian driver license with a clean driving record
- Be willing to submit to a Criminal Record check
Our office is in Burnaby near Highgate, applicants approved for an interview must be punctual.
Our organization may ask you to be available to go out of town for up to 30% of the working calendar and share motel accommodation anywhere in Canada. The salary will account for experience, references, and accomplishment. It's a full-time position to start immediately. All the job safety training is provided however existing and current certifications will fast-track your progression. We provide tools and fall arrest equipment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $32.00 /hour
- Tower Climbing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Burnaby, BC (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Required)