Building healthy communities through outstanding care, innovative partnerships, and amazing people.
Join our team and together we will make progress on our Strategic Goals:
Forge a new path to meet the changing needs of our growing communities
Champion a culture of exemplary care and deliver clinical excellence
Create an environment where the best experiences happen
Own our role to improve the system
Through new partnerships, a relentless focus on quality and sustainability, and a dedication to the best patient and provider experience, Southlake will improve the health of our communities and shape the future of healthcare.
The Menu Clerk is responsible and accountable for:
- ensuring all patient menus are ready for the start of each meal
- obtaining patients’ meal choices via computer for two meals daily
- providing front line service to patients and families, particularly food and meal requests and queries
- Responding to all phone calls related to patient feeding, catering and other department business
Skills & Abilities
- Basic knowledge of therapeutic diets an asset
- Demonstrated PC computer skills
- Customer oriented, able to deal with people, pleasant phone manner
- Meet deadlines, ability to multi-task
- Self-starter and work independently
- Experience and or knowledge in food and nutrition basics be an asset
- Knowledge of Computrition Computer Application an asset
- Knowledge of HBOC an asset
- Knowledge of Excel spreadsheets an asset
- Demonstrated excellence in communication, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated problem assessment skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and teamwork
- Demonstrated individual leadership skills
- Minimum Grade 12 education
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department. Successful candidates will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination (two doses) from the Ontario Ministry of Health website or other authorized source directly to the Occupational Health and Safety department. In the event that you are unable to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected under the Human Rights Code, you may submit a written explanation of the ground and any supporting documentation to determine if you are exempt from this requirement to the recruitment team. A recruitment representative may follow up with you for further information if necessary.
At Southlake, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve, including those with disabilities. Southlake is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is the responsibility of all Southlake employees to work in a safe manner and promote health and safety in the workplace.