Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of transmission, distribution, substation, underground, OEM and communications products used by utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver power to millions of people worldwide. In our business failure is not an option. So we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity. And it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
We have an opportunity for a Business Unit Manager located in Edmonton. The Wildlife Mitigation Business Unit (WMBU) provides wildlife mitigation solutions in the Power and Utilities industry across North America, through its Greenjacket and Reliaguard products.
Responsible for the growth and business development of the Wildlife Mitigation product lines (Greenjacket and Reliaguard). Responsible for the P&L, marketing, design, manufacturing, project management, field services and product development within the Business Unit.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct and participate in the business planning process for future development and growth of the business.
- Develop and implement strategic and business plans.
- Presents business plans orally and in writing for general review and approval.
- Plans activities to ensure adherence to budget and operational objectives.
- Leads Marketing team to ensure active customer engagement that drive top line sales.
- Assure that service levels are maintained within established goals.
- Assures product quality meets or exceeds client expectations.
- Continually seek improved methods with a view to reduce costs, improve service level, and reduce risk.
- Leads New Product Development team to develop new products, improve quality, and remove cost.
- Assure productivity and cost savings are obtained per established goals.
- Prepare and present capital expenditure budgets for approval.
- Maintain positive and effective employee relations.
- Ensures the expectations of all direct reports are defined and understood with regular feedback on performance.
- Represents the company as appropriate in its relationships with major customers, suppliers, competitors, governmental agencies, etc.
- Assure safe working environment.
RECOMMENDED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Engineering or Business preferred
- 6-8 years Manufacturing, Project Management and/or General Management combined with 5+ years supervisory/management experience
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to travel on business related trips (25%)
The above summary of position responsibilities and requirements is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, efforts, physical requirements, or working conditions associated with the position. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of those principal position elements essential for making decisions related to position performance, employee development, and compensation.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Supervisory/Management: 5 years (Required)
- Manufacturing, Project Management and/or General Management: 6 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)