The Canadian Public Safety Operations Organization (CanOps) is seeking a highly organized, energetic, and confident individual for a part-time, one-year contract to provide administrative support to the Executive Officers. This contract could lead to full-time hours and a permanent position as the organization expands and matures.
CanOps is a unique national not-for-profit organization focused on advancing public safety, by providing a consistent framework of operational supports and governance to advance and deliver viable and effective products, programs and services.
As CanOps is a national organization, this position is not required to be located in a specific location and will work out of your home office. Some travel may be required.
In this challenging position, you will provide confidential administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the CanOps organization. The position supports the Executive Officers, and other organizational members, through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication.
You will have the demonstrated ability to:
- independently plan, organize, and manage your workload, while dealing with frequent interruptions, to meet changing priorities within established time frames;
- accurately generate, format, proofread and edit a variety of documents including correspondence, minutes, and organizational documents using computer and software applications such as Microsoft Office, spreadsheets and presentations;
- manage databases and SharePoint sites;
- communicate clearly, and concisely, both verbally and in writing, with Executive Officers, colleagues, business partners and the general public, in order to obtain and provide information;
- analyze and resolve problems by applying initiative and sound judgement when responding to requests and dealing with confidential information;
- manage the coordination of registrations, accommodations, travel arrangements and equipment for attendance at conferences and meetings;
- work independently and/or as a contributing member of a variety of teams to complete work assignments, achieve common goals and contribute towards a positive work environment;
The knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position are typically obtained through a diploma in office education or office administration, and a minimum of 3-5 years of experience.
For more information on CanOps, please visit our website at http://canops.org/.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $19.42 to $24.33 /hour
- Administrative Assistant: 3 years (Preferred)