Meet Lowe’s Canada, a team of more than 28,000 associates who demonstrate their commitment every day by constantly seeking to satisfy their customers and by putting their heart into making a difference in the communities we serve.
Our home improvement family operates or services more than 600 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our Lowe’s, RONA, Reno-Depot, Dick’s Lumber and Ace banners are always looking for dedicated associates to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
So, join a Canadian leader headquartered in Boucherville, Quebec, be part of something bigger as we expand our horizon and discover a world of opportunities!
YOUR ROLE AS A LEADER:
- Protect customers, employees, and company assets by implementing established processes and controls that minimize inventory shrink and provide a safe working and shopping environment.
- Train employees on how to control shrinkage including internal, external, and operational shrink.
- Monitor and investigate operational shrinkage to prevent loss of stock, product, or inventory by reviewing shrinkage reports.
- Review and verifies safety reports on a daily basis; oversees safety reviews
- Conduct hazardous materials inspections and general safety inspections to ensure compliance with safety guidelines and policies
- Detect and investigate violations of company policies and criminal activities by investigating alleged fraud and other alleged illegal activities; intervene in and resolve safety violations; conduct internal and external theft investigations to manage operational, internal, and external shrinkage; obtain evidence, take statements, and write case reports; and participate in collaborative efforts with other investigative entities.
- Train employees on the handling of hazardous materials and safety by reviewing daily training checklist; preparing training materials and meeting room; conducting training with employees; demonstrating proper behaviors and procedures related to training content.
- Partner with store employees to deter shoplifters and notify management of potential issues and when suspicious activity or incidents occur.
- Manage inventory to prevent loss of stock, product, or inventory; oversee audit compliance; provide feedback to store management on audit/inspection findings; and ensure the establishment of surveillance on shrinkage items and on employees in departments with shortages.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and support company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
- Provide feedback to store management on audit/inspection findings.
- Manage store execution of Asset Protection and safety functions by reviewing the application of policies and procedures.
- Identify improvement opportunities; and communicate and work with managers and associates to resolve issues and influence the implementation and execution of control corrections.
- Observe employee and customer behavior in the store using video surveillance systems; and establishe surveillance on shrinkage items and on employees in departments with shortages.
- Monitor merchandise entering and leaving the store entrances and exits via CCTV (video surveillance system).
- Partner with management team to ensure compliance with all training requirements related to Asset Protection and Safety.
- Conduct daily check of alarms, locks, and merchandise shrink devices.
- Greet customers and responds to customer inquiries.
### Job Requirements
THE QUALIFICATIONS WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Must be able to work flexible hours including days and evenings.
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
- Ability to handle high stress situations and events
- Bachelor's Degree or higher OR High School Diploma or equivalent and 3 years of relevant work experience (e.g., retail or Asset Protection).
- Sense of Urgency
Please note that the use of the masculine gender is for the sake of readability.