Trident Maritime Systems, LLC, one of the world's leading defense contractors and a stable Fortune 500 Company, is currently recruiting a passionate Safety and Quality control professional to join our dedicated outfitting team at our Vancouver, BC location.
This position will supervise and ensure occupational health and safety compliance, will develop, and help administer effective Health and Safety Programs, as well as perform Quality control checks on materials and installations in accordance with our ISO 9001-2015 certification
- Administer and monitor the effectiveness of assigned company-wide health & safety programs, develop and drive implementation of corrective action from effectiveness monitoring.
- Participate in incident and near-miss investigations at the facility to assist in identifying the root cause, develop corrective actions, and monitor and implement solutions.
- Determine, track, and communicate key metrics to help drive continuous improvement.
- Perform a number of standard safety functions such as identifying unsafe situations, instructing new employees on the correct use of PPE, and holding regular safety talks.
- May be required to triage injured workers in the field, ensuring that the injured are assessed for their condition and their injuries treated in keeping with the attendant’s experience and accreditation.
- Check layouts are correct against the latest revision of drawings.
- Inspect tack–welds for quality & compliance with customers’ standards & requirements.
- Check general quality of materials & assists warehousemen as required in case of nonconformance/damage.
- Check installations to ensure good workmanship, correct methodology & correct hardware have been used.
- Fill out the appropriate QC approval forms after inspection and weld release forms for submittal to the yard for production welding. Maintain QM procedures as dictated by our ISO certification requirements.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Education
- Certificate or Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety or other related field or equivalent work experience in a heavy industrial construction environment.
- Problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- First Aid Level 1, 2 or 3, WHIMIS, Confined Space Entry, Fall Protection, and Aerial Work Platform certification preferred.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience with Process Safety Management.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal and Provincial legislation for OH&S.
- Knowledge of Confined Space & Hot Work Environments.
- Knowledge of ISO Quality Management System is a plus.
- Ship Construction/Maritime Industry
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00-$115,000.00 per year
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North Vancouver, BC V7P 3N4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person