Nature and Scope
The Addictions Administrator is the first point of contact responsible for a wide variety of duties. This position is guaranteed every Sunday from 8-4:30 with the opportunity to pick up casual shifts. This position promotes and participates in effective communication with administration, coworkers, clients and other agencies to support TRC’s commitment in order to maximize recovery. The Addictions Administrator is also required to maintain confidentiality and professionally interact with team members, clients and the public.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for professional reception etiquette and corresponding duties:
- Monitor front desk and answer telephones.
- Direct inquiries to appropriate department.
- Monitor building traffic.
- Troubleshoot and/or escalate office administration issues.
- Maintain an organized and tidy workstation.
- Present a positive and professional image of TRC to all visitors, suppliers, and other persons.
- Responsible for all assigned Residential Client Administration:
- Process client and visitor purchases by use of operating a cash register and performs end of day checks and balances.
- Client Interaction:
- Welcomes clients and family members to TRC; provides agency information and follows up with questions, inquiries and concerns.
- Communicates program schedules and daily activities to clients.
- Listens to, converses and validates the feelings of clients. Counseling or therapy is not conducted.
- Contacts the on-call counselor as required.
- Follows up with TRC counselors, reporting behaviours, progress, interactions and other related concerns and developments.
- Documents all interactions and observations appropriately on an ongoing basis.
- Presents agency guidelines to clients, visitors and family members.
- Client Safety and Security:
- Maintains the whereabouts of visitors and clients. Ensures that agency guidelines are being maintained.
- Maintains security by following procedures, monitoring visitor log-in information and issues visitor passes.
- Monitors cameras and activities within the building.
- Provides effective documentation for client case notes.
- Maintains current communication with the clinical care team.
- Provides accurate documentation on the Communication section of the database.
- Provides alleviation of Addictions Administrator’s reception duties as needed.
- Adheres to TRC’s Code of Ethics and policy standards.
- Works cooperatively with staff and clients sharing information in a timely manner.
- Understands and executes company policy and procedures relating to job specific duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned when necessary.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Grade twelve diploma (or equivalent).
- Class five driver’s license with a clear driver’s abstract.
- Clear Criminal Record check and Child Welfare check.
- Computer skills including: Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer skills.
- Standard First Aid, CPR and Suicide Intervention Training (ASIST Training) completed within four months of hire.
- A demonstrated interest in recovery coupled with knowledge of the 12 step program or general recovery process.
- Strong interpersonal, confidentiality and conflict resolution skills.
- Addiction knowledge is preferred.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent