As a Personal Support Worker (PSW) within Spectrum Health Care, you will be responsible for providing exceptional personal care to our patients. The Personal Support Worker will provide a safe environment, positive emotional support and thorough care of our patients. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about caring for others.
- Competitive salary
- Travel time allowance
- Group insurance benefits provided to eligible employees
- Opportunity to participate & qualify for our guaranteed hours program
- Professional development & training opportunities
- Join one of our employee committees
As a Personal Support Worker, you will be responsible for providing personal care, hygiene and assistance with activities of daily living for clients in the community. Other responsibilities include:
- Adheres to the safe work/risk management policies and procedures of Spectrum Health Care
- Works within the Ethical Practice Framework of Spectrum Health Care
- Understands the range of services provided by each division of the Spectrum family and how it contributes to our model of Total Client Care
- Continually assesses, anticipates, identifies and responds to new and changing needs of clients and communicates available Total Client Care resources to clients when appropriate
- Personal Support Worker (PSW) Certificate/Diploma from Ontario
- Able to stand, bend, walk, crouch, kneel and reach freely and for extended periods; able to lift 23 kilograms independently; able to assist clients with standing, walking, sitting; able to reposition clients in bed.
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional personal care and customer service.
- Valid Vulnerable Sector Criminal Check
- Current First Aid/CPR Certificate
- Updated immunization record
- Proficient verbal and written English communication skills
- Flexible work schedule (Monday to Friday and Saturday to Sunday)
- Vehicle and G level driver’s license (dependent on branch)
To learn more about Spectrum Health Care, please visit our website at spectrumhealthcare.com.
We thank all applicants, however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment process.
If you require accommodation because of a disability through the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at (hr@ spectrumhealthcare.com) for assistance.
Job Type: Full-time