At Lowe’s Canada, over 26,000 employees let their passion blossom every day. Our teams are driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and are committed to making a difference in the communities we serve.
We operate or service some 470 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our Lowe’s, RONA, Reno-Depot, and Dick’s Lumber banners are always looking for dedicated employees to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
You’ve got the talent? We’ve got the tools! Here, your work and ideas will contribute to building a flourishing organization. Your voice will always be heard and valued. You’ll find career opportunities that live up to your ambitions and be able to further develop your unique set of skills.
So if you’re looking to do what you love, and to grow and evolve within our family—one of the best employers in Canada according to a recent Forbes survey—we could be perfect for each other.
Your role :
The operator of forklifts is responsible:
1. Operates forklift, consistently practicing safe operating habits to load and unload vehicles, transport material and prepare loads for delivery.
2. Performs routine and regular preventative maintenance of vehicle advising supervisor of required repairs. Complete forklift inspection sheet daily.
3. Prepares orders for delivery including identifying, locating and securing material as per shipping memo and completing paperwork.
4. Builds and arranges customer orders and loads onto vehicle giving consideration to safety/security of load, minimizing potential for damage in transport, order of use by customer and routing of vehicle. Secures load to vehicle.
5. Receives returned material, completes sold sticker for re-delivery or returns material to stock as directed.
6. Checks prepared loads for accuracy and completeness, takes the required measure to correct as needed.
7. Acts as a Driver’s Helper as required, assisting driver with manually unloading and transporting material.
8. Performs other job-related duties as required.
The qualifications we are looking for :
- Position requires knowledge of wood types/grades and familiarity with seasonal products and storage/damage handling procedures.
- Position requires a valid forklift certificate.
- Prior shipping, receiving and loading experience is an asset.
- Position requires an individual who is self-motivated and possesses strong organizational skills.
- Position requires good verbal and written communication skills.
- Position requires physical exertion including bending, lifting and carrying products.
- Position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and is able to meet strict deadlines.
Do you enjoy working physically and you want to train for free? You know exercise manual skill and precision in the execution of your work? Then you have what it takes to be part of the team!
Your benefits of working for Lowe’s Canada:
- You must have a driving license valid Class G .
- Have experience with handling equipment such as forklifts, pallet trucks and carts .
By joining the Lowe’s Canada family, you’ll enjoy many benefits, such as:
- An inclusive and safe working environment
- Promotion of work-life balance
- Exclusive employee discounts
- Benefits: insurance (certain conditions apply), annual salary review, etc.
- Opportunities for advancement within the company
- An employer that’s involved in the community
- Teamwork and ongoing training
- A comprehensive training program for all new hires
- A company discount on store merchandise
- A student incentive program
- And much more!
The masculine generic is used without discrimination and only in order to simplify the text. Lowe’s Canada is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.