Bellwoods is one of the largest providers of personal support services for persons with physical support needs and physical disabilities living in Toronto. As a charitable, not-for-profit organization, our centres for community living provide community-based, client-directed support services, independent living education programs, and accessible, affordable housing.
Bellwoods seeks to transform lives through excellence and innovation in independent living and envisions a future where barriers do not exist.We provide our talented team of over 250 staff with competitive salaries, opportunities for continuing education and training, job networking and staff recognition programs in a safe and inclusive work environment.
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified, highly motivated individual looking to fully utilize their skills within a leading organization where teamwork is highly valued.
The Opportunity: Personal Support Worker
Location: Downtown Toronto (Community)
Program: Community/Attendant Outreach
Hours: 7:00am-11:00pm, 7 days a week
Available Roles: 7am–5pm or 5pm-11pm in 1-2 hour visits
Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination required.
Our community support/attendant outreach services are client-directed and our PSWs assist clients to carry out their activities of daily living as outlined in an individual support service agreement and individual service plan.
Our PSWs provide services such as:
- Rising and retiring
- Positioning and transferring
- Dressing and undressing
- Personal grooming and hygiene
- Light meal preparation and assistance
Skills & Qualifications:
- Completed Personal Support Worker certificate required.
- Related work experience within the community, with adults with physical disabilities, an asset.
- Good oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Demonstrated capability to fulfill the physical demands and time availability requirements of the position.
- Eligible candidates must be able to work non-traditional hours including early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
- $0.80 an hour in lieu of benefits
- 4% vacation pay
- Pension plan
Bellwoods is committed to providing employee opportunities in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.00-$20.50 per hour
· Personal protective equipment provided and required
· Social distancing guidelines in place
- PSW Certification (preferred)