51st Parallel Inc. is a vertically integrated Alberta based cannabis company that is building a production facility in Lethbridge and is opening retail stores throughout Alberta and Ontario. With its headquarters located in Calgary, 51st Parallel Inc., is a high growth business looking for excellent individuals to join our team.
Based from our headquarters in Calgary, Alberta, the Corporate Trainer will be responsible for the design and delivery of all training activities including, but not limited to, workshops, conferences, and other educational presentations, in accordance with required legislation and industry practices. The purpose of such training is to ensure the ongoing success of our employees and the company through the learning and development of knowledge and skills, particularly in the areas of customer service, health & safety, leadership, supervisory skills, sales, diversity, and conflict resolution. To achieve this end, the Corporate Trainer is also responsible for all workshop creation and coordination, as well as the management of subject matter and course materials. Further duties and responsibilities will include:
- Develop, customize, and rollout training programs for employees and other stakeholders
- Facilitate learning through a variety of delivery methods including classroom instruction, virtual training, and on the job coaching
- Oversee the orientation program for all new hires in turn evaluating its effectiveness and implementing changes as needed
- Perform training needs analysis by assessing the skill level, performance, and competence of each learner
- Gather and analyze information to design, develop, and deliver new training programs that are efficient, effective, and have a positive impact on the organization
- Implement sales-specific training programs regarding product knowledge, selling skills, and other related areas
- Design and develop materials for all technical systems
- Conduct validation activities, exams, and formal training plan reviews or updates, as applicable, making recommendations based on results
- Track participant enrolment, progress, marks, and other information by maintaining a database
- Establish and maintain familiarity with the latest in texts, materials, teaching aids, and training techniques relevant to the organization’s goals and objectives
- Evaluate outsourced training options to determine the best decision
- Oversee the development and administration of job analyses, and appraisal schemes to identify training and development needs
- Work with management to determine training gaps in existing training, making amendments to ensure proper training is delivered to all staff
- Monitor training systems in turn advising executive team on system performance; publish statistics regarding performance against set goals
- Develop and organize training manuals, educational materials, and any other items used for training
- Keep up-to-date with changes in the field of training and development by attending seminars, workshops, and webinars, for continuous learning opportunities
- Generate positive attitudes and high morale in employees by nurturing a culture of cooperation and enthusiasm
- Other duties as assigned or identified.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
To work in the cannabis industry, you will be required to complete SellSafe training, provide a current police background check, and be approved as a Qualified Cannabis Worker with the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission. SellSafe is a compulsory certification program that is designed to educate employees in the cannabis sector on such topics as social responsibility, Alberta cannabis laws, and Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission policies. Additional key skills & qualifications, include:
- Bachelor’s Degree or diploma in adult education or a related field
- Must have 5+ years’ experience in a formalized training position creating and delivering training programs for a variety of sectors and job functions
- Knowledge of and/or experience within the cannabis industry
- Direct experience assessing training needs, creating training materials to fulfill those needs, and then delivering training
- Advanced written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of learning
- SellSafe training is considered an asset
- Good understanding of relevant legislation, employment requirements, and industry standards
- Strong technical aptitude and expertise (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Learning Management Systems)
- Positive flexible attitude, and the ability to adapt to a rapidly evolving industry while juggling competing demands
- Knowledge of motivational, perceptual, and emotional forces and how they affect the learning process
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel occasionally to various locations within Alberta.
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit a resume and a cover letter using the online applicant portal connected to this job ad.
We appreciate receiving applications from all interested candidates, however only applicants that have been selected to proceed forward in the candidacy process will be contacted.
51st Parallel Inc., is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to safeguarding a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are dedicated to the provisions of the Human Rights Code, and, to all provincial, territorial and federal legislation respecting the equality of our team. All hiring decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to race, ancestry, color, place of origin, religion or spiritual belief, gender identity, citizenship, age, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, family status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Job Type: Full-time
- Training: 5 years (Required)
- learning and development: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Calgary, AB (Required)