BYU Design is one of Canada’s most prestigious interior design firms. Since 2003, BYU has been bringing together passionate and creative interior designers to deliver world-class work. Over the past two decades, BYU has earned a reputation for quality and is highly trusted by some of the largest developers in the lower mainland. As our team and business continues to grow, so do our studio needs. Hence, we are looking for a full-time Bookkeeper to join us immediately!
As the Accounting Coordinator at BYU, you will bring a professional and enthusiastic energy partnered with a hard-working attitude to work every day. You will fit in because you love the details and sleuthing your way through an unbalanced spreadsheet. You are an absolute perfectionist – you get real pleasure out of a perfectly balanced workbook! What’s more, your strong work ethic, timeliness, reliability, self-motivation, and ability to work independently will ensure you thrive in our firm.
You will report directly to our Financial Controller and work with her on a day-to-day basis to get work done.
If you love dogs this is the place for you – our office is dog friendly!
This position is full-time, part in-office, part work from home. We are following all WorkSafe BC protocols for the workplace.
- You hold a degree or diploma in accounting, business, or related field.
- 3 + years of experience in bookkeeping or a similar role
- Extensive experience using common accounting best practices such as reconciliation, government remittals, payroll, receivable/ collection processes.
- Experience with common accounting software including QuickBooks, Sage, etc.
- Functional knowledge of common computer software such as Microsoft Office Suite
- Great writing and speaking skills, and you communicate effectively with others
- Highly organized and efficient with tasks
- Familiarity with the interior design industry and retail inventorying is considered an asset.
- Preparation and monitoring of accounting records and general financial reports.
- Assisting with financial analysis tasks.
- Manages A/R and A/P.
- Completes monthly reconciliations.
- Processing payroll and all remittances both monthly and annually.
- Troubleshooting inconsistencies and suggesting improvements.
- Works closely with the Financial Controller on all bookkeeping tasks.
If you would like to join our team, apply with a cover letter and resume, attention Steve Bonini no later than May 28, 2021. No incomplete submissions will be accepted. Only those applicants we wish to interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
We are following all WorkSafe BC protocols for the workplace.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place