Central Island Distributors Ltd (CID)has been a Vancouver Island Freight Distribution and Transportation company since 1992. Our business continues to grow every year due to dedicated and professionals just like you! Come join our team
We are requiring an early am Freight / Warehouse Coordinator at our Sidney (North Saanich terminal) who will work as part of our dispatch and warehouse team with oversight of a wide variety of warehouse activities.
We require an individual with experience and ability in, but not limited to the following:
- Supervise and assist loading, unloading, shipping and receiving of freight in a cross dock environment,
- Forklift operation as needed
- Maintaining inventory location of appointment freight and associated documents,
- Co-coordinating and pre-loading of trucks for daily dispatch functions and driver scheduling.
- Ensure all Company quality freight handling procedures are followed,
- Timely dispatching of LTL loads.
- Ensure both building and grounds are kept in a clean and presentable manner at all times and all safety regulations (Company and otherwise) are followed.
- Work closely with management to continuously improve operations and coordinate activities of both drivers and warehouse staff.
- People management responsibilities include planning and delegating daily work, recommending measures to improve quality of service and increasing efficiency based on related information and trends.
- Monitoring and communication of daily dispatch needs through email and other electronic dispatch methods.
This is an immediate full time permanent position with a competitive starting salary commensurate with experience.
Central Island Distributors offers regular evaluations, an extended benefits package after 90 days.
Schedule is Monday to Friday, proposed as 5:00 am -1:30 pm (some minor flexibility may be required due to freight demands)
***Please note*** Central Island Distributors can only entertain local applicants for this position due to in person interview requirements of the application process. Please reply with a current resume.
Job Type: Full-time
- transportation industry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Victoria, BC (Preferred)
- Forklift Operator (Preferred)