Registered Early Childhood Educator
Kitchener , ON
The Muslim Association of Canada (MAC) is a nationally incorporated charity with chapters in 13 cities across Canada
We are currently seeking a hardworking, enthusiastic and well organized Registered Early Childhood Educator to join our team at MAC-Maple Grove School, located in Kitchener, Ontario.
Reporting directly to School Principal the RECE's responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the constant supervision, safety and well being of the children
- Recognizes and responds to the needs of each child by using developmentally appropriate teaching and child behaviour management techniques
- Shares in the responsibility for planning, preparing and implementing stimulating, age-appropriate activities that encourage children’s creativity and learning and promote each child’s social, emotional, cognitive and physical development
- Participates fully and consistently as a conscientious team member in caring for the children and in the overall operation of the program and centre; maintains regular and open communication with program team members and all other co-workers
- Establishes and maintains regular communication with parents
- Ensures the program operates at all times in compliance with all child care licensing standards
- Must know and implement: Centre routines and practices; Ministry’s health & safety legislation and standards; department of health guidelines
- Observes and records relevant information on each child's progress as required/as per Centre practices
- Attends and participates actively in all program/centre, parental or other meetings as required
- Shares responsibility for maintaining program equipment in good repair; assists with toy/equipment disinfecting
- Shares responsibility for maintaining the play environments and storage areas in an organized and clutter-free condition
- Participates in regular fire drills and other emergency procedures
- Engages in positive collaboration with the other programs and early childhood educators of the centre in coordinating the effective use of equipment, facilities and personnel
- Participates in ongoing professional development and attends/maintains all mandatory training
- Participates in the supervision, training and mentoring of students and supply teachers
- Assists the Centre Director in maintaining a safe and healthy work environment by promptly reporting any existing and/or potential workplace hazards
- Performs other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Centre Director or her/his designate
Early Childhood Education Diploma.
Current Registration with Ontario's College of ECE
1-2 years of Teaching experience
Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills in English
Good technical and computer skills
Ability to work within a team, with integrity, enthusiasm, initiative and confidence
Interpersonal skills with an emphasis on compassion, patience and professionalism
Strong research and teaching skills
Sound knowledge of Islamic faith and practice
First Aid/CPR Certificate.
Current police records check.
Starting salary range depends upon education and experience. Medical and dental benefits, Personal Time Off, Long term disability, and Life Insurance will be offered.
July , 2019
How to Apply:
Click on the apply button on the top right corner then submit your cover letter and resume.
Open until position is filled
For more information please visit http://macmaplegrove.com/
Muslim Association of Canada is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, by contacting Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.