Why work with just one of your favorite beverage companies when you can work with them all?
Since our first job, we’ve never looked back, and we’ve grown more than they ever thought possible - as have many of our clients. The one thing we’ve learned in this time is that, in this business, the only limit is your ambition. Big doesn’t have to mean ‘slow’. Small doesn’t have to mean ‘amateur’. Craft doesn’t have to mean ‘beer’. We’re passionate about pushing our clients to think beyond their current boundaries, because it means that we do too.
As a member of the Finance team at our Vancouver, BC head office location, the Accounting Technician is responsible for the full accounts payable process for Vessel’s Western and Eastern operating entities. Their expertise assists the Senior Accountant in ensuring timely and accurate data is readily available to help execute the team’s objectives. They will provide ongoing support to other internal stakeholders to assist in making informed, data driven business decisions.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Handling communications with vendors via phone and email.
- Processing transactions, preparing payments, and updating ledgers, budgets, etc.
- Coding items to proper GL accounts and posting supplier invoices.
- Supporting the Finance team in the completion of journal entries, lead sheets and schedules in addition to other month and year-end activities.
- Performing tasks such as filing, data entry, answering phones, processing mail, etc.
- Assisting with audits, fact checks, and resolving discrepancies.
- Assisting with financial reports as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 years working experience in a similar Accounting role.
- Proficiency with computers and bookkeeping software, strong typing skills.
- Strong organizational and prioritization capabilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Familiarity with basic Accounting principles.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a polished, professional nature.
- Confident working autonomously and make decisions independently.
- Commitment to working efficiently and accurately.
- Apt to developing and maintaining a network of contacts, both inside and outside of the Finance team, to effectively collaborate and support work related goals.
- Experience working with Sage is an asset.
- Takes ownership and personal responsibility for their actions and accountabilities.
- Expresses entrepreneurial soul and actively pursues opportunities for innovation.
- Displays and advocates for honest, transparent communication.
- Leads with courage and integrity, makes space for self and others to take chances.
- Values collaboration and prioritizes building trusting relationships.
- Work hard play hard, enthusiastic about achieving objectives and celebrating the wins.
- Work from home opportunities
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Vacation & paid time off
- Subsidised gym membership
- Parental leave
- Employee assistance programs
- Company events & social hours
- Wellness programs
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Life insurance
- Dental care
- Flexible working hours
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Accounting & Bookkeeping: 3 years (Required)
- Sage : 1 year (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19