WHY JOIN ROOTS?
Roots is not only a brand, it’s a culture and lifestyle. We look for dynamic individuals who are not only interested in retail and fashion, but who enjoy challenges and share our vision for a safer, cleaner, healthier planet. In addition to our customers, an intrinsic part of our success has always been the people who work here. Roots is a company in which you can grow and benefit from the great opportunities often available. All members of our team are encouraged to ‘spread their roots’.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR?
The Stock Associate is a vital role in maintaining the operational integrity of the store. The main objective of this position is to manage the inventory flow systems in the store. In addition, the Stock Manager will be accountable for training and developing a core stock team. Please note, this role may require overnight shifts.
To be successful, you’ll need to possess:
- 2+ years in a management experience preferably in retail apparel
- Excellent presentation skills in a retail environment
- Upbeat, optimistic, passionate and friendly
- Ability to understand the needs of the customer
- Ability to build buy-in to an idea, a decision, an action, a product, or a service
THE IMPACT YOU'LL HAVE
This is an opportunity to shape our company’s future by:
- Own the timely processing and appropriate prioritization of merchandise receipts and continuously seeks to improve systems, processes and methods
- Own the organization of the backroom to company standards, updating as seasonally appropriate.
- Own the efficient replenishment processes that maintain a full and abundant sales floor with all styles, colours and sizes represented.
- Proactively monitors, communicates and reacts to department changes/issues such as high/low sell-through, replenishment/overstock needs etc.
- Own the execution of inventory based procedures including damages, transfers, receiving, WebIM Work List maintenance, Leather Repair Logs and other compliance related items.
- Own the supply order process
- Own recruitment and development cycle of stock associates including interviewing, onboarding, assessment/accountability, succession planning and recognition
- Support the physical inventory process and cycle count process and implementation of store strategies to reduce shrink such as security tagging.
- Support execution of visual merchandising flips and maintenance of the presentation standards of a flagship location.
- Support all event preparation and execution
- Support housekeeping and maintenance of both the sales floor and stock room
- Keep current on our product and service updates.
- Be a team player and contribute to the stores’ success.
- Adhere to all Loss Prevention policies as per guidelines and policies.(WAS)
- Support managing the Sales floor and sales team (MOD) when needed. Directed by Store Manager.
SOUND LIKE YOU? APPLY NOW!
We’d like to thank everyone who applies, but we can only contact applicants who are most qualified.
Roots Corporation offers a culture that fosters inclusion and respect. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the AODA. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.