HAWBOLDT INDUSTRIES is Canada’s leader in marine cranes, winches, and specialized lifting equipment. We support customers worldwide in the Ocean Science, Defense, Workboat, and Offshore Industries. We design it. We build it. Canadian owned, entrepreneurial, globally-recognized, and located in Chester, Nova Scotia. We want people who are hands-on and excited to make an impact in the company, and the industry.
This position is responsible for repairing and servicing our manufactured equipment at our facility as well as at our customers’ sites. Reads and interprets technical drawings, schematics and computer-generated reports to ensure operating efficiency of equipment. Recommends design modifications to eliminate machine malfunctions. When in the plant this position is responsible for working in a heavy equipment assembly capacity. The position overview is to be used as a guideline only and may not incorporate all functions of the job.
- Work with manufacturing and engineering teams to provide cost-effective solutions to design challenges
- Travel to customers’ sites to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment including mechanical and hydraulic systems
- Participate in the installation, commissioning, operation, maintenance and repair of equipment at customers' sites to ensure equipment is functioning according to specifications
- Operate and inspect equipment to diagnose problems
ATTRIBUTES WE SEEK
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on field experience in troubleshooting and servicing heavy equipment
- Proven experience trouble shooting, diagnosing, and repairing hydraulic systems
- Hydraulic Technician/Mechanical Engineering Technician/Heavy Equipment Mechanic or equivalent experience
- Controls systems aptitude with exposure to troubleshooting electronic and hydraulic systems an asset
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Able and willing to travel nationally and internationally for extended periods
- Proven ability to work well independently as well as with a team
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Quote HAW Service in the subject line.
Due to the volume of resumes received we kindly ask that you do not call regarding the status of your resume.
No recruiters please.
Accessibility accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process
Job Type: Full-time
- hydraulic trouble shooting: 3 years (Required)
- repairing hydraulic systems: 3 years (Required)