This is a full-time opportunity with benefits after 3 months and 3 weeks vacation. The shift is 2:30pm-12:30am Monday to Thursday. The hourly wage is $15/hr.
Hexo is looking for Line Operators responsible for assisting with various processes being completed along production lines. Usual activities are handling heavy machinery, maintaining equipment, keeping records, following production schedules, and making sure final products meet quality standards.
Candidates should demonstrate dexterity, good eye-hand coordination, stamina, teamwork, time management, and computer competences.
Education requirements include a high school or general education diploma; on-the-job training is provided.
- Safety - Follow all safety guidelines and regulations as laid out by OSHA and Hexo, which includes wearing proper safety equipment
- Quality - Keep work areas clean and neat to avoid product contamination and maintain workplace safety. This may include performing general housekeeping tasks.
- Execution: Read and follow written instructions and work orders.
- Start and stop the production line as needed to keep up with workflow and prevent potential safety hazards.
- Load and unload items on the production line. This may include packaging or unpackaging products.
- Inspect products for defects and pull defective items off the line before they proceed further in the production process. All defective products must be properly labeled and rerouted away from the production area.
- Place line equipment on the correct settings in regard to speed and heat when different products or different phases of production are being used, according to company specifications.
- Properly label all products and ensure that labels and product information match.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Mechanical skills – basic mechanical aptitude and good manual dexterity are essential for production line operators, who work constantly with their hands
- Physical fitness – because manufacturing environments can be hot or cold depending on outside conditions, and because production line operators must frequently lift heavy materials, physical fitness is essential.
- Attention to detail – production line operators perform quality control by verifying that all materials on the line meet company standards, which requires good attention to detail
- Computer skills – many production line systems are automated, basic computer skills are necessary.
- Communication skills – production line operators maintain good verbal communication with supervisors and fellow workers.
HEXO Corp. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, or genetic information and encourages applications from all minority groups.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00 per hour
- Dental Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- Profit Sharing
- RRSP Match
- Operator: 1 year (Preferred)