Reporting to the Vice President of Operations and Engineering, the Production Manager is responsible for cellulose nanocrystals (CNC) production at our Windsor, Quebec production plant. He/she directly supervises the operations and maintenance team comprised of operating technicians, mechanics and electricians as well as all the necessary subcontractors (6 to 20 people). With his team, the Production Manager is also responsible for meeting production targets and for the overall plant and equipment maintenance. He/she works closely with the manufacturing development team to run process improvement tests as well as with the quality, and health and safety teams to ensure product quality. He/she also has a duty to be a leader in occupational health and safety.
In order to obtain more information about the company, we invite you to consult our website at the following address: https://www.celluforce.com.
Lead the health and safety culture at the plant;
Manage the production of CNC;
- Organize and manage the workforce to ensure production is completed on schedule;
- Maintain adequate control of the production process while respecting quality and environmental requirements;
- Set up and monitor performance indicators, dashboards and action plans;
- Develop and document working methods;
- Provide training and support for the workforce.
- Define and implement the maintenance policy (tree structure, criticality, frequency, parts management, etc.);
- Set up computer-assisted maintenance management software (CMMS);
- Organize and manage the workforce (electricians, mechanics, etc.) and subcontractors to ensure equipment reliability.
Manage production costs;
- Establish and manage investment, operation and maintenance budgets;
- Control deadlines and all direct and indirect costs of operating the plant (raw materials, energy, labor, and maintenance) using a Lean Manufacturing culture.
Optimize operations and maintenance;
- Perform process improvement tests in close collaboration with the manufacturing development and R&D team (new equipment, new configurations, target adjustment, etc.);
- Propose improvement plans based on experience and observations in order to optimize production costs.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 10 years of experience in the management and supervision of operations and maintenance personnel;
- Solid experience in plant maintenance and implementation of GMAO.
- Proven ability for mobilizing and engaging for employees;
- Values - excellence, respect and collaboration;
- Communicates in a structured and precise manner in both French and English, written and spoken;
- Able to design structured documents;
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge, an asset;
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) knowledge / excipients, an asset.
- The position is based at our facility in Windsor, Quebec (Eastern townships) and may include infrequent travel, as required (< 10%);
- Competitive salary;
- Performance bonus;
- Generous benefits plan;
- Pension Fund (RRSP).
Please submit your resume via this website.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent