Sr. Account Coordinator
Sr. Account Manager
Delivery – SDI Marketing
You are a proactive, sports loving individual who has a genuine interest in events, partnerships and building incredible relationships through experiential marketing. You possess a thorough understanding of event management, logistics, marketing, branding, and business & culture as it relates to sports. You love sports – pro, amateur and grassroots and understand the value of building connections between brands and sports partners. You are a determined individual who excels at building relationships and working in a team environment. Excellent communication, organization and strategic thinking skills along with a strong ability to multi-task will be essential to achieve set goals and meet deadlines.
The Sr. Account Coordinator is responsible for the day to day management of one or several projects within the Gatorade portfolio, as assigned by the Group Account Director and Sr. Account Manager. This position is the primary touchpoint for pro, amateur and grassroots agents, leagues and teams. A person who is passionate about sports and understands sports culture. A great communicator who pays attention to the details, looking to build confidence and gain experience in a client-facing capacity.
This role is about managing relationships and empowering partners to execute the brand in communities across Canada. If you’re interested in pursuing a career in sports sponsorships this is a great opportunity for you!
- Partnerships: Onboarding new partners - ensuring all stakeholders are set up for success and understand their commitments to execute bench setups, hydration stations, social media posts + stories.
- Sports Partner Servicing: Managing and tracking partner product orders in partnership with the Gatorade.ca support team. Executing strategic product order management in 911 situations (ie. product shortages). Overseeing periodic US CHL team product orders.
- Digital Assets: Content lead for all communications supporting partner ops support (emails, banners, website content). Midlevel support for elevated/enhanced event grassroots deliverables (social contests, surprise & delights, manage video content creation).
- Education Commitments: Work with GSSI to coordinate & evaluate education initiatives including resource development and sports science speaking engagements.
- Events: Support brand execution for events at all levels. Managing event lists & general partner outreach. Executing the feedback loop by following up on event reports, tracking and providing feedback on grassroot social posts.
- Travel: Potential travel to major pro sporting events across the country.
- Pro Athlete Servicing: Coordinating and thoughtfully managing G athlete gifts + milestone recognition. Coordinate product orders as requested by G athletes + their agents. Working with GSSI USA team to coordinate sweat testing & professional athlete service offerings.
- Reporting: Quarterly execution reports, monthly snapshot reports. Monthly below the line cost tracking for all brand + ops expenses.
- Commercial Production: Leading all sport-specific production elements (wardrobe, equipment, product, branded assets), coordinating logistics and acting as the handler for agents + athletes on the day of the event for Gatorade commercial shoots.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and drive to take initiative
- Ability to motivate, encourage, mentor and develop an account team of Assistant Producers, Interns, and Field Representatives
- Strong budget and critical path management skills
- Strong events and activations experience/skills
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work accurately under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented & results driven
- Works well independently and within a team - always contributing to a positive work environment
- Highly proficient computer skills in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook; knowledge of Salesforce & Google Workspace is an asset;
- Ability to contribute to the creative efforts & “out of box thinking”
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma with a focus in business and/or marketing, or equivalent
- 3-6 years’ experiential marketing agency experience as a Sr. Account Coordinator (or equivalent level);
- 3-6 years’ event production experience
- 3-6 years’ directly and effectively managing team members
- Vehicle/Valid Driver’s License (must be able to provide proof/Driver’s Abstract Report if requested)
- Valid passport for business travel (up to 15% travel, as required)
- Flexible work schedule – must be available evenings & weekends
- As a condition of employment and due to the nature of our business we require that all employees be fully vaccinated (including the 14-day wait period following final vaccination) prior to their start date and ongoing throughout the duration of employment.
SDI mktg is committed to equity in its policies, practices, and programs, supports diversity in its teaching, learning and work environments, and ensures that applications for members of underrepresented groups are sincerely considered under its employment equity policy. All qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of the SDI community are encouraged to apply.
SDI mktg is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all those who submit applications; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, recruitment agencies or email inquiries, please. SDI Mktg is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.