Location: White Rock Seniors Village
This position is covered under the single site order.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsible to the Director of Care and/or designate, the Registered Nurse is the role model and team leader who coordinates and supervises the activities and duties of those who deliver direct resident care. The Registered Nurse performs duties and monitors departmental activities in accordance with established standards, regulations, policies and procedures to maximize resident focused care while maintaining resident respect and dignity.
Include but not limited to;
1. Assess residents’ needs and record in the Care Management system; plans, implements and evaluates resident care.
2. Coordinates and supervises care staff; directs their work and assigns duties as necessary to ensure focused resident care is provided and resident rights are observed.
3. Liaises with physicians, community agency representatives, families, visitors and volunteers.
4. Administers medications and treatments as per established standards, regulations, policies and procedures.
5. Provides direct care to residents as necessary and liaises with other disciplines and departments to ensure quality focused resident care.
6. Ensures equipment and supplies are stored and maintained as per policy and procedures. Reports unsafe or faulty equipment to appropriate manager.
7. Maintains paper and electronic documents as per established standards, regulations, policies and procedures, ensuring confidentiality is maintained as per policies.
8. Participates in orientation of new employees.
9. Actively participates in facility programs, meetings, committees and educational in services..
10. Maintains a safe environment for clients/family unit and staff, through
(a) accident prevention,
(b) knowledge of emergency procedures and regulations,
(c) using skills, physical facilities, supplies and equipment safely and appropriately, and
(d) Utilizing infection control procedures.
11. Performs all other duties as assigned.
1. Graduate of an approved school of nursing, current active registration with CRNBC. BSN preferred.
2. Additional training and previous experience in the care of the frail elderly and physically and mentally handicapped persons.
3. Valid First Aid Certificate
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing in the English language.
2. Must be in good health and free from communicable diseases, physically able to perform repetitive tasks, lift, squat, bend, stand and walking as required to perform the duties of the position.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Casual
Salary: $34.11-$36.38 per hour
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- First Aid (Required)
- BCCNP as an RN (Required)
- Nursing (Required)