Blue Grass Sod Farms Ltd. located in Linn Valley, Red Deer County
102 – 39026 Range Road 275
Is looking for Contractor’s Office Supervisor. Successful candidate will be detail oriented, customer focused, energetic, creative and have a strong interest in horticulture.
Duties and responsibilities may include but not be limited to:
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate staff including dispatch and drivers
- Conduct regular meetings with staff
- Maintain happy and friendly atmosphere for staff and customers
- Offer excellent service in person and on the phone
- Maintain good working relationship with existing customers
- Develop working relationship with possible customers
- Make sure sufficient inventory is maintain to meet customer demands
- Assure top quality of product and comparable prices
- Make sure customers/staff issues are properly documented and resolved in timely manner
- Issue invoices, purchase orders and process payments
- Make sure safety policies are followed and proper documentation is completed
- Make sure equipment is in best running condition by making sure drivers perform proper, complete inspection. Shop is notified on any equipment issues before those escalate, service is done on time
- Train office staff how to dispatch
- Make sure deliveries are done efficiently
- Stay in constant contact with sales, retail and other departments to make sure their needs are met and all deliveries are scheduled (no missed orders)
- Communicate issues and concerns with owner and manager
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
The candidate should have the following skills/attributes:
- 3 years working supervisory experience
- Experience with dispatch and customer service
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent computer skills (excel and word)
- Experience with inventory systems
- Physically fit
- Competitive wages
- Benefit package
- Full time year round employment
- Employee discounts
We will provide necessary training for the right candidate.
This is an extremely busy office and will require person who is dependable, hardworking and can handle fast paced days/evenings with the strength to work with minimal direction at times.
If you have these qualities and would like to become part of our team, please send your resume with references attached.
We thank you in advance to all applicants; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- supervisory: 3 years (Preferred)