JBS Equipment is a rapidly growing manufacturing company in Mission, BC. We are looking for Assemblers to help us build world-class manure spreaders, forage trailers, bedding throwers, and other related agriculture and custom products.
If you want to be part of building modern, high-performance, high-quality products, we want to talk to you. We are looking to fill positions in both our day (6:00am - 2:30pm, Monday to Friday) and afternoon (2:30pm - 1:00am, 4x10 hour days, Monday to Thursday, with shift differential) shifts. These are full-time, permanent positions on-site at JBS in Mission, BC.
Successful applicants will work on brand new equipment in the Assembly department, in a safe, modern, clean, and well-lit facility. Most of the work is installing hydraulic, electrical, and pneumatic systems, along with the general final assembly of gearboxes, components, and other bolt-on items. There are occasional repair or maintenance projects as required. This is NOT a boring assembly-line-style position.
- Competitive wages and wage parity based on experience and ability.
- Safe, clean, modern, and reliable working environment.
- Overtime available.
- Extended health care benefits available.
- Unlimited opportunity for development, growth, and advancement.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Read, understand, and follow working drawings.
- Install new parts including tires, wheels, mud flaps, etc.
- Install and plumb air systems.
- Install and plumb hydraulic systems.
- Install electrical components (lights, etc).
- Occasional repairs and warranty work.
- Identify areas of improvement, production efficiency, and cost reduction.
- Work safely and accurately while following a strict schedule.
- Punctuality and reliability are essential.
- Must be located within commuting distance of Mission, BC.
- Must have reliable transportation to get to work in Mission, BC.
- Must be able to read and understand working drawings.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks under pressure.
- Must be highly organized and have good time management skills.
- Must be able to work occasional weekends/overtime as required by workload.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Must have a small rolling, lockable toolbox with basic hand tools (list provided in the interview).
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb ladders.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 to 50 lbs.
- Occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 lbs. with assistance.
- Ability to kneel, bend, squat, push, pull, and reach above and below the waist.
Reference ID: Assembler - Spring 2021 - C
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$32.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Our priority is keeping our team safe and healthy throughout the COVID-19 crisis by embracing provincial guidelines like social distancing, limited gatherings, continuous sanitation of all common touch-points, mask requirements, and more.
- Mechanical Assembly: 1 year (preferred)
- Electrical: 1 year (preferred)
- Hydraulics: 1 year (preferred)
- Pneumatics: 1 year (preferred)
- Reading schematics: 1 year (preferred)
- legal authorization to work in Canada (required)
- Drivers license (required)