Successful applicants will be involved in a variety of work duties related to the housekeeping operation working under the supervision of the Environmental Services Supervisor. Housekeepers are required to work in the core and resident home areas.
Specific duties will include:
cleaning resident’s rooms; washrooms; lounges; public areas and nursing stations; dust and wet mop floors; window ledges; high impact surfaces; vacuuming; replenish washroom supplies; proper use and maintenance of equipment; cleaning and stocking; housekeeping unit and closet. Other related duties as assigned or as required.
Applicants must have the following skills and/or qualifications. Excellent communication skills including the ability to read, write and follow oral and written instructions in English.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis. Preference will be given to those candidates with an excellent attendance record.
- Previous satisfactory work experience in a housekeeping position preferably in long term care.
- Good physical condition.
- Adaptable to work that involves performing repetitive duties.
- Knowledge of the principles of cleaning procedures, cleaning supplies and their uses.
- Have a general understanding of and a willingness to work in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Infection