Apply today and ask about our signing bonus!
Our retirement community seeking an energetic, motivated individual to fill the role of UCP/PSW. The successful candidate will participate as a member of the care services team and will provide support related to the care needs of residents, while supporting the other members of the wellness team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for areas including:
- Providing care services to residents in accordance with established care plans; these care services include, but are not limited to, providing assistance with activities of daily living, bathing assistance, ambulatory support, continence care, monitoring vitals, etc.;
- Monitoring and overseeing the general health and well-being of the residents;
- Is alerted to, remedies, and promptly reports all actual or potential resident health concerns;
- Responding to emergency situations, as required;
- Assisting with dispensing and administering resident medication, as required;
- Ensuring all work environments are kept organized, tidy, and sanitary at all times;
- Working safely to reduce the risk of injury to self, co-workers, and residents;
- Performing housekeeping and cleaning support, as required;
- Other related duties, as assigned.
Other key qualifications for this position will include, but are not limited to:
- Successful completion of secondary school or equivalent is an asset as is a post-secondary degree/diploma/certification;
- Previous experience to providing care services;
- Ability to communicate to our senior residents, their families, colleagues, etc., in a friendly and professional manner;
- Demonstrated empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors;
- Able to work under specified time constraints and in accordance with job routines, while observing policies and procedures as well as applicable work standards and safety regulations;
- Must be able to anticipate problems and use sound judgment and tact in handling confidential matters;
- Must be knowledgeable of pertinent legislation and regulations including the Retirement Homes Act, 2010 and its regulations;
- A criminal records/vulnerable sector screen, TB screening using a two-step Mantoux tuberculin test, and satisfactory professional references.
Balmoral Place Retirement Community welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest Balmoral Place Retirement Community. Please be advised that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time