You are a motivated, mature and energetic individual, attracted by the values based culture of a leading charitable organization in your community. You value a workplace that offers you opportunities for personal challenges and growth. You possess the ability to reinforce standards that will enhance and build upon existing service and quality measures. You display a strong work ethic, and are committed to working as a member of a “team” to build an Association that strengthens families and communities.
Reporting to the Coordinator, Membership Services, this part-time position will provide direct service delivery in leading yoga classes and/or group fitness/personal training both by example and extensive cuing, ensuring a safe class environment and monitoring participants throughout the class.
Additional criteria for the position may include:
- Diploma in Fitness and Health Promotion or equivalent
- Certification in Yoga Instruction
- Minimum 1 year experience in conducting group exercise classes or personal training
- Experience in developing individual and group fitness programs
- Appropriate certification in Can Fit Pro, CSEP, CALA or equivalent and Standard First Aid/CPR-C/AED
- Willingness to certify in new disciplines
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated experience in customer service/hospitality/relationship building
- Well developed interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent communication skills—written and verbal
- Police Check with the Vulnerable Sector required prior to first day worked
YMCA Northumberland is a growing service organization, with over 170 employees and 423 volunteers based out of Cobourg with Membership Centres in Cobourg and Brighton. YMCA Northumberland also operates 20 licensed Child Care Centres and 5 EarlyON Child and Family Centres focusing on child development across Northumberland. YMCA Northumberland welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Part-time
- group exercise classes or personal training: 1 year (Preferred)
- Standard First Aid and CPR/AED Level C (Required)
- Can Fit Pro, CSEP, CALA, or equvalent (Required)