For over 75 years, Medavie Blue Cross has been a leading health and wellness partner for individuals, employers and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization dedicated to giving back to the communities where we live and work, and to ensuring our employees thrive in our award-winning, collaborative culture. We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and are recognized as a Caring Company, a designation for national leaders in community investment and social responsibility.
Our team of 2,100 professionals work across six provinces. We excel by living our shared values of being caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community-minded. We’re committed to ensuring the health and wellness of our employees and their families, along with personal and professional growth, through a variety of programs and support at all levels of our organization.
Along with Medavie Health Services, we are part of Medavie — a national health organization with over 6,400 employees. Together, our mission is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians.
12 Month Term
October 31, 2021
We are looking for a Distribution Agent to join the Offices Services team!
As a Distribution Agent, you will handle the daily distribution of incoming and outgoing media documents based on business requirements.
In this role, you will perform multiple distribution related activities. You will be responsible for adhering to quality assurance, productivity, and operational expertise in a fast paced, physically demanding team environment.
Key accountabilities for this role include:
- Analyzing/organizing incoming and outgoing documents for digital and manual processing for internal/external stakeholders.
- Conduct quality assurance checks on incoming/outgoing media ensuring accuracy, quality and privacy according to business rules.
- Adhere to predefined business rules to process Member documents (prepping, scanning, distribution, and embossing).
- Distribute various types of media to meet service level agreements and contracts with internal/external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure lines of communication are open to changes in processes and procedures. Internally and externally.
- Ability to work as a team and adapt in a fast-paced environment, prioritizing daily tasks, meeting production and quality standards.
- Ability to work within a physically demanding environment:
- Ability to lift objects up to 22kgs
Other components of this role include operating digital/mechanical equipment related to document and media processing such as:
As the successful candidate, you have:
Other qualifications include:
- A demonstrated knowledge of customer needs and various processes and procedures. You can work independently with minimal supervision to resolve day to day issues and suggest improvements.
- The ability to learn and use problem solving techniques; ability to notices hidden problems and uncover viable solutions.
- Clear communication skills, you can communicate clearly and confidently. You interact with coworkers and customers in a courteous and respectful manner.
- The ability to handle routine customer questions and problems independently and proactively manages and monitor customer satisfaction.
- Organization skills and can organize work in a well thought out manner to deliver on specific tasks and milestones to meet deadlines.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in a fast paced, customer orientated team environment.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Strong mathematical skills
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to decision make and problem solve.
- Experience working with the Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook and Lotus Notes.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.
In order to keep our employees, candidates, and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of our employees are working from home within Canada. All interviewing, onboarding and most work takes place remotely at this time. For those employees who must work in our offices, we have taken every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our people by providing strict protocols/practices to meet legislated client and company needs, as well as modifications to the worksites to mitigate the risks for everyone's protection.
Distribution, Quality Assurance, Operations, Technology