Based out of our BID Group Construction offices in BC, the Drafting Technician will report to the Engineering Manager and be responsible for aiding in the development of projects in accordance with the Company’s Standards, specifications and guidelines.
- Prepare AutoCAD shop drawings for fabrication, welding, machining and assembly
- Create parts lists and Bill of Materials
- Prepare Drive Schedules for project motor specifications
- Provide design and drafting support for manufacturing production
- Assist site employees with technical inquiries
- Assist drafting manager with setting standards.
- Choose drive components from a catalog in accordance with guidelines
- Coordinate with internal and external companies to ensure details are correct.
- Travel to jobsites to assist construction and collect as-built information.
- Keep shipping dimensions and restrictions in mind when designing shipping sections.
- Update as-built information based on shop feedback
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Diploma in Construction Drafting or Mechanical Engineering Technology,
- Honesty, professionalism, and attention to detail.
- Must have excellent communication skills
Additional Asset Skills
- Standard conveyor systems components, such as conveyor chain, belts, shafts, motors, sprockets, gears, pneumatics, guide rails, etc.
- Manufacturing processes (machining, welding, CNC, sheet metal work, laser or waterjet cutting)
- Steel fabrication
- Materials handling and electrical/controls/automation components
- SolidWorks and Excel experience an asset
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction: 2 years (Preferred)
- AutoCad: 2 years (Preferred)