Shinka Sushi Bar is a traditional Japanese restaurant on the verge of expansion in the Ottawa-Gatineau area. After 17 years in the sushi industry, Shinka Sushi Bar formally known as New Generation Sushi, has paved the way for a traditional and true Japanese experience in Ottawa. As we pride ourselves on the quality and freshness of our product.
Our goal is to expand Shinka Sushi Bar into multiple restaurants with a strong base and supporting structure with the help from all staff as we continue to service the consumer with divine and original Shinka Creations.
We are looking to expand our Shinka Team! If you are looking to acquire skills and apply your knowledge in an enjoyable environment, apply to work at Shinka today!
Qualifications required for this role:
- Good customer service skills. A friendly attitude.
- Being able to take various payments (debit, credit and cash) and manage POS systems.
- Being able to work as a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- To be able to organise your work space.
- Being able to problem-solve.
- Manage orders for DoorDash, Skip the Dishes, Fantuan and UberEats.
Responsibilities for this role:
- Greeting customers at the door and on the phone.
- Taking orders and taking payments from the customers.
- Communicating efficiently with your team members.
- Stocking the cabinets and shelves.
- Making sure that the complete order is in the bag before giving it to the customer.
- Cleaning up the work space.
- Helping customers with their concerns and questions.
- Making the sauces and re-stocking the sauces.
- Availability for Lunch (11:30 am- 3pm) and Dinner (4pm-8:30pm) shifts from Monday to Sunday.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $15.00 per hour
- serving: 1 year (preferred)
- Bartending: 1 year (preferred)