Want to work with leading technology?
Who We Are:
Welcome to Vale. Our purpose is to improve life and transform the future. Together. We value our workforce and strive to offer continuous training and career development opportunities for our people.
Vale Base Metals is one of the world's largest producers of high-quality nickel and an important producer of copper and responsibly sourced cobalt. With headquarters in Toronto, Canada, and operations in Newfoundland & Labrador, Ontario, Manitoba, UK, Indonesia, and Brazil, we are delivering the critical building blocks for a cleaner, greener future.
Applying the latest technologies to sustainably mine the critical minerals that power electric vehicles, build renewable energy solutions, and help develop life-saving medical equipment is at the heart of what we do.
We invite you to be part of our evolution.
Our corporate office, located in downtown Toronto serves as the headquarters for the global Base Metals business, providing support to all our Base Metals operations. In Mississauga, Vale’s Base Metals Technology Development team work to improve Vale’s competitive edge and support its growth strategies by coming up with safer and more environmentally responsible technology.
We are currently seeking an Analytical Assistant Student to join our Vale Base Metals Technology team in Mississauga. This is a 12-month fixed term position.
The position available is an Analytical Assistant within the Analytical Services group. The analytical laboratory is responsible for providing support to a number of projects geared towards improving operational excellence and sustainability within Vale Base Metals operations.
The student's responsibility will be to:
- Assist in providing this support by preparing samples for analysis.
- Weighing and fusing solid samples,
- Use of acid dissolution techniques,
- Dilution of aqueous samples prior to analysis,
- Preparation of calibration standards and ongoing maintenance of ISO documentation.
- Depending on the student's progress, there could also be opportunity to gain hands-on experience operating sophisticated and complex plasma-based spectrometers.
Enrolled in a co-op program for an undergraduate degree in Chemistry/Biochemistry or three year technical diploma from a college.
- There is no requirement to have completed prior work terms. Would be an asset, but not required.
- Effective written and verbal communications.
- Self-organization skills and a goal-oriented personality.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Online training opportunities
- Work culture dedicated to safety, diversity & inclusion, and career growth.
- Grow your career in a large and global company, and mining industry leader
- Participation in our Employee Family Assistance Program
Include to Transform
At Vale, we are committed to ensuring an inclusive work environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. Vale encourages everyone to express their ideas and opinions and values the plurality of individual profiles. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are critical to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, or any other personal consideration that makes us different.
Vale is an equal opportunity employer seeking to increase diversity across our operations and improve equal opportunity at Vale and in the mining industry.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, accommodation is available throughout our recruitment process for applicants with disabilities.
Apply By: October 27, 2023