$85,476 to $92,412
For further information on the organization, please visit Statistics Canada
11 July 2022 - 23:59, Pacific Time
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Statistics Canada is committed to hiring and promoting a skilled and diversified workforce representative of the population it serves. In order to achieve this representative workforce, preference may be given to candidates who, at the time of application, indicate that they are belonging to one of the following Employment Equity groups (self-declaration): Indigenous peoples, Women, Visible Minorities and Persons with Disabilities.
For this selection process, our intention is to communicate with applicants by e-mail for screening/assessment purposes (including issuing screening results, and sending invitations for written tests and interviews). Applicants who apply to this selection process must include in their application a valid e-mail address and make sure this address is functional at all times and accepts messages from unknown users.
CONDUCT OF THE SELECTION PROCESS:
It is important to note that, at any time, a selection could be used according to the organizational needs of representativeness of equity groups in matters of employment, according to the Agency's diversity and inclusion goals and by top-down assessment. Thus, the evaluation steps, including more in-depth evaluations, could be done at different times.
- Develop the framework for strategic operational, business, financial, human resources and administrative planning, forecasting and management.
- Contribute to the development of short- and long-term business, operational and revenue generation plans, management strategies and goals.
- Establish and modify systems for the management of resources for internal cost recovery, revenue generation or other cost-recovery options.
- Develop, implement and evaluate project management processes and tools in a matrix environment.
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of strategic and other plans, and recommend changes in priorities and activities when required.
- Develop organization plans, design proposals to increase effectiveness and provide associated services.
- Direct the delivery of administrative services (procurement, contracting, accommodation, asset and inventory management, travel).
- Oversee and conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses and provide recommendations and solutions.
- Identify issues having a broad-based impact or that may present a risk for the region (risk management).
- Liaise with outside services such as Public Services and Procurement Canada, finance, informatics, external contractors, and service providers.
- Participate in regional health and safety committee meetings.
Statistics Canada is a world-renowned leader in its domain, and its employees are proud to fulfill its mission: to serve Canada with high-quality statistical information that matters.
Statistics Canada was a winner of the National Capital Region's Top Employers Award for 2021 and is one of the Canada's Top Employers for Young Professionals. We want to help Canadians better understand their country, so they can make more thoughtful decisions. Be part of this mission by applying for this position! We support talent. Let your talents and interests shine and come discover new ones. If you are looking for a place to build a career, you've found it!
Intent of the process
The immediate need is to appoint for a duration of approximately 18 months, with the possibility of extension, or indeterminate appointment.
Positions to be filled:
Information you must provide
Contact information for 2 references.
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
ED1 Secondary school diploma or an acceptable combination of education, training or experience.
EX1 Experience providing advice and guidance regarding interpretation and application of the health and safety program under the Canada Labour Code, Part II
EX2 Experience in the preparation and analysis of financial and administrative reports.
EX3 Experience in providing advice and recommendations to management.
EX4 Experience in the delivery of administrative services such as: accommodation, asset/inventory management or travel.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Various language requirements
Bilingual Imperative CBC/CBC
Bilingual Non-Imperative CBC/CBC
Information on language requirements
Information on language requirements
C1. Working effectively with others
C2. Thinking things through
C3. Showing initiative and being action-oriented
C4. Demonstrating integrity and respect
AB1. Ability to coordinate and prioritize concurrent and interrelated activities.
AB2. Ability to communicate effectively in writing
AB3 Ability to communicate effectively orally
The following may be applied / assessed at a later date (may be needed for the job)
AEXP1 Experience in supervising a team.
Willing and able to work overtime, if necessary
Willing and able to travel, sometimes on short notice
Conditions of employment
Reliability Status security clearance
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
Information on employment equity
Preference will be given to veterans first and then to Canadian citizens and permanent residents, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
Information on the preference to veterans
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.