Crisis Worker - Nights will provide support to the Crisis Program during the overnight shift, assisting and supporting individuals who are experiencing an emotional or personal crisis.
- Initially looking for a 6 month contract
- Alternate weekends -Friday & Saturday Overnights (11-7)
- Additional shifts are available to be picked up in Crisis Program
- Carry out the functions of psychosocial crisis intervention including supportive counselling, and assistance in the development of a recovery plan.
- Provide support through telephone or face-to-face contact as needed.
- Encourage the client in problem solving, conflict resolution, harm reduction, relapse prevention, medication management and other life skills as appropriate.
- Provide back-up assistance to the residential programs as necessary.
- Complete a thorough safety check of the premises
- Supervise the house during the night shift to ensure a safe and comfortable environment for the clients.
- Respond effectively and efficiently to any emergencies that occur during the shift.
- Diploma or degree from an accredited College or University in the Human Services field.
- Three years related work experience.
- An up-to-date first aid certificate.
- The ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- It is preferred that education and experience include a background in both mental health and concurrent disorders. Addictions experience will only be credited when it took place in a program/facility where addiction treatment was the primary focus.
- A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening (Police Check)
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $23.77 per hour
- 8 Hour Shift
- Night Shift
Staff are provided Masks on Shift and other PPE as needed, we are trying to limit movement between locations, and incoming clients are screened for COVID. We are asking staff to refrain from working at multiple workplaces at this time.
- Front-line Mental Health : 3 years (Required)